Homemade Fabric Softener

$3

Homemade Fabric Softener? Why not! I started making my own DIY Laundry Soap, click here for recipe. about five years ago and I haven't looked back since then. Making your own laundry supplies is so much cheaper than the store bought variety. For instance, I made this big batch of softener for less than $3. You can't go wrong there!
The way to easily dispense your softener is to save, rinse and use your giant creamer jug, that's what I do .  You will only need three (3) ingredients to make your own fabric softener and you probably already have two of them in your home right now.

NOTE: Please visit our blog for the exact recipe, the link is below, scroll down until you find the "GO" button, then click it. It will take you straight to the recipe!
Mix your water and conditioner together first.  I used a "big" bowl and added my water first.
Next, add your hair conditioner to the hot water. I should have used a larger bowl yall!
I transferred the mixture to a larger bowl in small increments and whisked it until it was smooth.  That's what I get for trying to use pretty dishes for the photo shoot! lol!

Lastly, add your vinegar, mix well and then transfer to your storage container(s).  The vinegar is the actual softening agent in this mixture, the conditioner is just for the scent mostly.
We have HE (High Efficiency) machines and this along with my homemade wash soap works awesome in them.  The dispenser tray in my washer shows a max fill line for the softener (1/4 cup), but if you're just adding to your wash load, use 2-6 tablespoons per load.

Please visit our blog for more really good cleaning tips.

Scroll down until you find the "GO" button to go straight to the recipe! :)

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
DeeDee