Homemade Fabric Softener

$3

Homemade Fabric Softener? Why not! I started making my own DIY Laundry Soap, click here for recipe. about five years ago and I haven't looked back since then. Making your own laundry supplies is so much cheaper than the store bought variety. For instance, I made this big batch of softener for less than $3. You can't go wrong there!
The way to easily dispense your softener is to save, rinse and use your giant creamer jug, that's what I do .  You will only need three (3) ingredients to make your own fabric softener and you probably already have two of them in your home right now.

NOTE: Please visit our blog for the exact recipe, the link is below, scroll down until you find the "GO" button, then click it. It will take you straight to the recipe!
Mix your water and conditioner together first.  I used a "big" bowl and added my water first.
Next, add your hair conditioner to the hot water. I should have used a larger bowl yall!
I transferred the mixture to a larger bowl in small increments and whisked it until it was smooth.  That's what I get for trying to use pretty dishes for the photo shoot! lol!

Lastly, add your vinegar, mix well and then transfer to your storage container(s).  The vinegar is the actual softening agent in this mixture, the conditioner is just for the scent mostly.
We have HE (High Efficiency) machines and this along with my homemade wash soap works awesome in them.  The dispenser tray in my washer shows a max fill line for the softener (1/4 cup), but if you're just adding to your wash load, use 2-6 tablespoons per load.

Please visit our blog for more really good cleaning tips.

Scroll down until you find the "GO" button to go straight to the recipe! :)

15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
DeeDee

• Penny-Marie
    Penny-Marie

someone suggested to just use vinegar but doesn't say how much. Would the amount you say be good?

• Patty
      Patty

I only use vinegar as a softner,except with blankets. I need the static help from dryer sheets for them. I use about a half cup for a normal load. It works well,and no smell.

• Jed48842051
    Jed48842051

Can't wait to try this! Have you tried using this in the Downy ball? Just curious.

Thanks!

• Barbara Rhoades
      Barbara Rhoades

I have been looking all over for a Downey ball. Anyone know where I can buy ine? Barbara Rhoades

• 516maria
    516maria

I like this idea because I don’t care for the overly perfumed fabric softeners. I’m just wondering if it can stay without turning bad because there are no chemicals in it. I’m thinking the vinegar is fine and conditioner doesn’t turn either, right ..?

• Rita Hendricks
      Rita Hendricks

Vinegar is a natural preservative: Think about this, how long does your vinegar & any hair conditioner last when you buy and store at home in your cabinet at room temp.

• Linda
    Linda

I use straight vinegar in wash cycle.. Softens clothes and cleans machine, also an HE one that I hate. It twists up clothes, sheets, towels, has ripped a lot of my clothes. Don't by Amana.

• Barbara Rhoades
    Barbara Rhoades

Anyone know where I can find a donwey ball?