DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

Homemade Fabric Softener

$3

Homemade Fabric Softener? Why not! I started making my own DIY Laundry Soap, click here for recipe. about five years ago and I haven't looked back since then. Making your own laundry supplies is so much cheaper than the store bought variety. For instance, I made this big batch of softener for less than $3. You can't go wrong there!
homemade fabric softener
The way to easily dispense your softener is to save, rinse and use your giant creamer jug, that's what I do .  You will only need three (3) ingredients to make your own fabric softener and you probably already have two of them in your home right now.

NOTE: Please visit our blog for the exact recipe, the link is below!
homemade fabric softener
Mix your water and conditioner together first.  I used a "big" bowl and added my water first.
homemade fabric softener
Next, add your hair conditioner to the hot water. I should have used a larger bowl yall!
homemade fabric softener
I transferred the mixture to a larger bowl in small increments and whisked it until it was smooth.  That's what I get for trying to use pretty dishes for the photo shoot! lol!

Lastly, add your vinegar, mix well and then transfer to your storage container(s).  The vinegar is the actual softening agent in this mixture, the conditioner is just for the scent mostly.
homemade fabric softener
We have HE (High Efficiency) machines and this along with my homemade wash soap works awesome in them.  The dispenser tray in my washer shows a max fill line for the softener, but if you're just adding to your wash load, use 2 tablespoons per load.

Please visit our blog for more really good cleaning tips.

Water
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 13, 2018 10:33 PM - More info
DeeDee