Homemade Fabric Softener

$3

Homemade Fabric Softener? Why not! I started making my own DIY Laundry Soap, click here for recipe. about five years ago and I haven't looked back since then. Making your own laundry supplies is so much cheaper than the store bought variety. For instance, I made this big batch of softener for less than $3. You can't go wrong there!
The way to easily dispense your softener is to save, rinse and use your giant creamer jug, that's what I do .  You will only need three (3) ingredients to make your own fabric softener and you probably already have two of them in your home right now.

NOTE: Please visit our blog for the exact recipe, the link is below, scroll down until you find the "GO" button, then click it. It will take you straight to the recipe!
Mix your water and conditioner together first.  I used a "big" bowl and added my water first.
Next, add your hair conditioner to the hot water. I should have used a larger bowl yall!
I transferred the mixture to a larger bowl in small increments and whisked it until it was smooth.  That's what I get for trying to use pretty dishes for the photo shoot! lol!

Lastly, add your vinegar, mix well and then transfer to your storage container(s).  The vinegar is the actual softening agent in this mixture, the conditioner is just for the scent mostly.
We have HE (High Efficiency) machines and this along with my homemade wash soap works awesome in them.  The dispenser tray in my washer shows a max fill line for the softener (1/4 cup), but if you're just adding to your wash load, use 2-6 tablespoons per load.

Please visit our blog for more really good cleaning tips.

Scroll down until you find the "GO" button to go straight to the recipe! :)

DeeDee

• Karen E Fleischer

How much of each or is it even quantities ?

• DeeDee

Hi Karen! Scroll back up until you see my picture and a blue "GO" button. Click the button to be taken straight to the full recipe. :)

• Ellie

How much water, vinegar and hair conditioner?

• DeeDee

Hi Ellie! Find the blue GO button just up above here, click it and it will take you to the recipe. :)

• Katrina

Does it have to be vo5 hair conditioner

• DeeDee

Hi there, no, you can use any conditioner you like. :)

• Charlene

What a great idea. I am going to try this. The bowl was very pretty even if it wasn't big enough. We got the idea, thanks.

• DeeDee

Hi Charlene! Thank you so much, enjoy! :)

• Xtine Tina

This is nice. Am gonna try it. Thanks dear