DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

Homemade Fabric Softener

$3

Homemade Fabric Softener? Why not! I started making my own DIY Laundry Soap, click here for recipe. about five years ago and I haven't looked back since then. Making your own laundry supplies is so much cheaper than the store bought variety. For instance, I made this big batch of softener for less than $3. You can't go wrong there!
homemade fabric softener
The way to easily dispense your softener is to save, rinse and use your giant creamer jug, that's what I do .  You will only need three (3) ingredients to make your own fabric softener and you probably already have two of them in your home right now.

NOTE: Please visit our blog for the exact recipe, the link is below, scroll down until you find the "GO" button, then click it. It will take you straight to the recipe!
homemade fabric softener
Mix your water and conditioner together first.  I used a "big" bowl and added my water first.
homemade fabric softener
Next, add your hair conditioner to the hot water. I should have used a larger bowl yall!
homemade fabric softener
I transferred the mixture to a larger bowl in small increments and whisked it until it was smooth.  That's what I get for trying to use pretty dishes for the photo shoot! lol!

Lastly, add your vinegar, mix well and then transfer to your storage container(s).  The vinegar is the actual softening agent in this mixture, the conditioner is just for the scent mostly.
homemade fabric softener
We have HE (High Efficiency) machines and this along with my homemade wash soap works awesome in them.  The dispenser tray in my washer shows a max fill line for the softener (1/4 cup), but if you're just adding to your wash load, use 2-6 tablespoons per load.

Please visit our blog for more really good cleaning tips.

Scroll down until you find the "GO" button to go straight to the recipe! :)
DeeDee

• Susan
    An hour ago

Do any of these items mentioned by the group take the color out even a little bit?

• Nancy Kitchen
    36 minutes ago

Can you post the receipe here? I can't find a go button on my computer.

• Rosellen Ralph
      22 minutes ago

The GO is not a button on your computer. You will see the word GO at the end of the post before the comments.

• I have been using cleaning vinegar alone as a softener for years now. Could a few drops of essential oil be used for the scent instead?

• Deb Martin Knaff
    2 hours ago

I can’t wait to make this today! Being disabled, one of the very few pleasures I have left in life is when I put on clean clothes that smell fresh and clean. Needless to say, those laundry beads and liquid softener gets expensive so I’m hoping I can save a couple dollars and have a wider variety of fragrance now that I can use conditioner or some essential oil added.

• Tracy Floer
    An hour ago

I'm abit of natural organic kind of girl as I havr been over exposed to chemicals being a hair stylist.so i really try and not use anything that has chemicals that go on my body.