Homemade Fabric Softener

$3

Homemade Fabric Softener? Why not! I started making my own DIY Laundry Soap, click here for recipe. about five years ago and I haven't looked back since then. Making your own laundry supplies is so much cheaper than the store bought variety. For instance, I made this big batch of softener for less than $3. You can't go wrong there!
The way to easily dispense your softener is to save, rinse and use your giant creamer jug, that's what I do .  You will only need three (3) ingredients to make your own fabric softener and you probably already have two of them in your home right now.

NOTE: Please visit our blog for the exact recipe, the link is below, scroll down until you find the "GO" button, then click it. It will take you straight to the recipe!
Mix your water and conditioner together first.  I used a "big" bowl and added my water first.
Next, add your hair conditioner to the hot water. I should have used a larger bowl yall!
I transferred the mixture to a larger bowl in small increments and whisked it until it was smooth.  That's what I get for trying to use pretty dishes for the photo shoot! lol!

Lastly, add your vinegar, mix well and then transfer to your storage container(s).  The vinegar is the actual softening agent in this mixture, the conditioner is just for the scent mostly.
We have HE (High Efficiency) machines and this along with my homemade wash soap works awesome in them.  The dispenser tray in my washer shows a max fill line for the softener (1/4 cup), but if you're just adding to your wash load, use 2-6 tablespoons per load.

Please visit our blog for more really good cleaning tips.

Scroll down until you find the "GO" button to go straight to the recipe! :)

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
DeeDee

• Penny-Marie

someone suggested to just use vinegar but doesn't say how much. Would the amount you say be good?

• Gabrielle Falk

Vinegar won't clean your clothes as well as detergent (liquid - I never use powder). I know because I've tried. Vinegar can also be used as a disinfectant, as well as a 'conditioner'. If you want to use vinegar as a softener, pour a quantity into the container where you would normally add conditioner. It works 'ok', but is not brilliant. If you add vinegar together with the detergent, you are just not getting the correct benefit of a softening solution. It also helps not to over-do the detergent.

• Jed48842051

Can't wait to try this! Have you tried using this in the Downy ball? Just curious.

Thanks!

• DeeDee

Hi there! No I have not, but I bet it will work just fine. :)

• 516maria
    Yesterday

I like this idea because I don’t care for the overly perfumed fabric softeners. I’m just wondering if it can stay without turning bad because there are no chemicals in it. I’m thinking the vinegar is fine and conditioner doesn’t turn either, right ..?

• DeeDee
      54 minutes ago

Correct, the vinegar is enough to let it keep until you’re ready to use it.

• Charlene

What a great idea. I am going to try this. The bowl was very pretty even if it wasn't big enough. We got the idea, thanks.

• DeeDee

Hi Charlene! Thank you so much, enjoy! :)

• Xtine Tina

This is nice. Am gonna try it. Thanks dear