Emma
Emma

Why can't I grow flowers from seeds bought in US in the Philippines?

Colimbia1EmmaShoshana
+7

• Ann

Temp or sunshine difference?
    • Emma

Temp there is also in the 80s and I see to it they don't get too much hot sun.
  • You should be able too. In fact I think some might even do better. The question is, what flower seeds did you purchase? Maybe we can figure that out!
  • Sharon

If they were shipped through cargo, they were probably irradiated.... thereby sterilizing the seeds.
  • Shoshana

It could just be the type of flower seed. I would check that the weather and temp conditions are right for them.
  • Emma

The typical flower seeds like zennia, periwinkles, blue bells. Also tomatoes and peppers just sprout but then they just die off.
  • Colimbia1

First the humidity may be the problem. For instance tomatoes and peppers will not grow properly if there is too much water. This question has nothing to do with the growing of seeds, but are there any restrictions for taking seeds into the Philippines from the US? You might want to check the import restrictions. Many countries don't allow things like that to be brought in from other countries. Some countries only restrict fresh fruit and vegetables and others also don't allow seeds.