Garage door is making strange noises!

+4
Our garage door is suffering from deferred maintenance. It's very noisy - scratching and screeching as it opens and closes. Can we do anything to make it better?

• Patricia Patricia on Oct 25, 2017
    try oiling it and see if that helps-- the tracks need to run smooth or it will really make a lot of noise
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Oct 26, 2017
    Have you checked the tracks to make sure that they are clean and clear and that nothing( leaves, pinecones, etc.) has gotten lodged in anywhere?
  • Ciarra. (Child of God) Ciarra. (Child of God) on Oct 26, 2017
    WD40.

• Christy Christy on Oct 26, 2017
    Sounds like you might need to buy a can of silicone spray and spray the wheels and tracks. I just recently had to buy a new door and lift and was told to do this every three months.
  • William William on Oct 26, 2017
    I use WD40 on the rollers and hinges. The rollers have ball bearings so they spin. No need to lube the tracks. WD40 also protects from moisture. Don't use anything oily as it attracts dirt and grime.
  • Sharon Sharon on Oct 27, 2017
    I prefer LockEz spray, graphite lasts longer than WD40.
  • Ter29393207 Ter29393207 on Oct 27, 2017
    Never use WD40 on the garage door tracks!!! A garage door specialist will tell you to ONLY USE SILICONE SPRAY!!!!!!!!!