How do you remove gum from shorts? Ice did not do it

Mo222724569CyndytimgrenDona
+9

• Kim
    Kim

You will need:
    hair dryer
    plastic knife
    ben gay
    ziplock bag

Warm the gum up with the hair dryer, get it good and gooey! Scrape off what you can with a knife, rub a dab of BenGay into the gum really well, you will notice it sort of dissolving the gum, use the plastic baggie over your hand like a glove to pick off dissolved gum.
    When all gum is out, wash but do not machine dry your shorts. If the BenGay left a little stain, a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and Water will get it out.

I hope that helps
    😊

• Mo222724569
    Mo222724569

Thank you so much I will give it a try
  • Claudette
    Claudette

if the shirts are made of a fabric that the oil won’t effect you might try peanut butter. Peanut butter takes gum out if hair great. Follow up by washing with a soap like liquid dawn. It breaks down the oil. Test it on a place that won’t show first.
  • Mar24787706
    Mar24787706

ice
  • V Smith
    V Smith

Try WD40.
  • Lynn Goins
    Lynn Goins

My daughter got gum on her pretty bedspread and I smeared it generously with peanut butter and let it sit for several days until the peanut butter had dried and could be "lifted" off. The gum came with it.
  • Coarsegoldgg
    Coarsegoldgg

Try WD40 and then launder
  • Dona
    Dona

try goo gone. or WD-40. My children sat in gum in the car seat and it was all over their Easter dress pants. I sprayed on goo gone, let it sit for about 2 minutes and then scraped it off. I had to repeat the process, but it came out. I then had the oil on the pants and used a pre-wash before washing them. Came out and couldn't tell where the gum was. Goo Gone is available at hardware stores, craft stores, some grocery stores. It's also used for removing gummy labels from glass/plastic.
  • Cyndytimgren
    Cyndytimgren

pour some vinegar in a bowl and put it in the microwave for one minute. Then soak the area with gum in the heated vinegar. Using an old toothbrush scrub the gum. It loses its stickiness and come right off!
  • Cyndytimgren
    Cyndytimgren

All you need to do is pour some vinegar into a bowl. Then warm the vinegar in the microwave for one minute. Then put the area on the shorts where the gum is into the warm vinegar. It loses its stickiness. Then just use an old tooth brush and rub the gum out of the fabric. It comes right out.
  • Mo222724569
    Mo222724569

Thanks