MAKE A BUBBLE FOUNTAIN FOR YOUR YARD! (IN AN AFTERNOON & ON A BUDGET!)

$100

We've been looking to add a water feature to our yard for well over a year now. We've kicked a few ideas around in that time. I liked ponds, for example. Robin pointed out that we have a dog who would spend all his time in said pond and we would never have a dry pet again. I felt this was a good point.
make a bubble fountain for your yard in an afternoon on a budget
We settled on a standalone fountain type water feature. We decided to build it ourselves because:

a) we like building things ourselves and

b) most store-bought water features look exactly like store-bought water features and cost a lot more than the individual parts that go into them.  It's a poorly kept secret that we're a bit frugal.
We started planning, and here is the a blueprint for the final design that we came up with.
[Looking for even more ways to spruce up the front of your house?! Learn how to install a reclaimed iron welcome mat in your deck, right here!]
The first step was to seal the pump into the bottom of our pot.
For the second step, we had to prepare our bucket to cover the pump. The bucket needs to be shorter than the depth of the large pot, but not much, otherwise the top pot will sit too low. We held the small pot in place and tried a few different heights till we found one that worked. 
[Here is another really cute idea to add some more pizzazz to your yard! :) ]
After positioning our pots on top of one another, we inserted a hose through the drain hole. (Don't forget to click on the link below for even more detail on this awesome DIY, so you can make your very own!)

• 2 Pots
  • Fountain Pump
  • Plastic Bucket

FrugalFamilyTimes.com

• Jami

What was the water pressure "gph" of the pump you used? I'm looking at prices and they're anywhere from $7.-$1,500. Quite the price range!
  • Jami

What was the water pressure "gph" of the pump you used? I was looking for one online and they're anywhere from $7.-$1,500. Quite the price range!
  • Penelope

Want to do one but it has to reuse water ? How would I do it ? It has to be smaller to set on outside table ?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

This one reuses the water. It cycles through the fountain. To make it smaller use scaled down pots and a less powerful pump. :)

• Ali Kay

Love this! Thanks!!
  • Marilyn

What a brilliant and delightful project for our small garden and hopefully quite inexpensive too. Big Thank You for inspiring me to have a go. I live in Perthshire, Scotland, where 'water' (rain rain rain) has never been a problem so it would be wonderful to have this little water fountain all my own work so to speak. Thanks again, Marilyn.