Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!

Steal these ideas to transform your old clothing items

By Hometalk Hits

Step 1 : Grab a pair of old jeans

Have a pair of unwearable jeans lying around? Here is the perfect way to give these unwearable cloths new life!

Step 2: Cut out pocket of jeans

First, I cut the pocket off the back of my jeans. This cut doesn't have to be perfect you can trim it later.

Step 3: Mark size of pocket on empty bottle

Take an empty drink bottle and mark the size of the pocket with a sharpie.

Step 4: Cut out the marked area of bottle

Cut the marked area out of the bottle and trim the sides to make a flat rectangle of plastic.

Step 5: Insert plastic into pocket

After trimming off the extra jean off the pocket, I inserted the piece of plastic.

Step 6: Use your cute coaster!

That's all there is to it! Now you have a funky coaster for your home, deck, poolside or anywhere!

Make a faux patchwork pot with a scarf

You won't believe how easy this is! And the result - stunning.

Step 1: Iron out scarf

It's not a must but this step will likely make your finished product look better.

Step 2: Mod Podge scarf onto pot

Start at one end and wrap my scarf around the pot, applying heavy coats of Mod Podge as you go around. (Rob

Step 3: Make cuts in the scarf to fold evenly

This way, you could overlap the cut parts so the lines appear as if they are continuing in a straight line.

Step 4: Mod Podge the inside and bottom

When done, flip the pot on its top and do the same steps for the outside bottom. (Rob & Courtney M, Hometal

Step 5: Let it dry overnight

You can add more coats once each coat dries but I felt that one was sufficient for my thin scarf.

Step 6: Use it to store anything!

Make a few of things to create the cutest storage.