Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek
Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek
  • Ballston Spa, NY

Fall Front Porch and DIY Birch Ladder

1 Material
$0

I wanted to decorate my front porch for fall and do something a bit different. I decided to make a birch ladder to use as part of my rustic farmhouse display. We started by gathering some branches in the same width.
fall front porch and diy birch ladder
 I measured the area of the porch where I wanted to put the ladder to figure out the best height and width and then we got to cutting.  We used the chop saw for this.
fall front porch and diy birch ladder
Once the pieces were cut to length, he removed the smaller branches.
fall front porch and diy birch ladder
Then we laid the poles out on the deck. I wanted the top to be slightly narrower than the bottom.
fall front porch and diy birch ladder
I decided on 4 rungs and we measured the width for each one an equal distance apart.  The we used screws to attach them to the poles.
fall front porch and diy birch ladder
That’s it. Once they were screwed together we were good to go. I thought about wrapping the joints with twine and I may still do that.  I really like the texture this DIY birch ladder adds to the porch. 
fall front porch and diy birch ladder
fall front porch and diy birch ladder
It gives the porch a little more interest and rustic feel.
fall front porch and diy birch ladder
For more on this project and other DIY projects, visit my blog at http://lifeonkayderosscreek.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lifeonkayderosscreek/

• Birch branches
Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek

• Annette

Your wooden porch is really nice! Did you build it too? Do you have the plans on your website?
    • Thank you, Annette! Yes, my husband and brother built it. I don't currently have plans on the blog but that's a great idea. I'll see if I can get some posted for you. :)
  • Jenilynnecook

Where can you get birch branches?
    • Shirley hindsley

We ha e trouble in Minnesota they come and cut all the evergreen branches they can reach. Ruins the trees.