Thank You to All Contributors....

$2000

Hometalk advice in action. I wanted to keep the cement texture so I went bold with black and silver metallic from modern masters paint and finished my basement. Bids I had from 10-12,000 turned out to be too expensive for my income I decided to do it myself.
first: a few coats of Drylock paint on the floors and walls using a paint brush a real cheap one from Home Depot worked best.
secondly: consulting with paint shops. But Hometalk helpers made the recommendations I eventually used. You guys were awesome. I used black paint in 2.5 walls. And modern masters silver metallic on the remaining walls. i painted the walls near ceiling before ceiling was installed. I then had to have a handyman come do the ceiling.
Thirdly: Home advisors was used because I just wanted to borrow a hubby for a day or two. He finished early and had a daily rate (I bought all supplies from his shopping list) day two was to install Electric and wainscoting I purchased at lowes for $15 per panel.
Fourth: My basement is 26x19. the ceiling , lighting, electrical and wainscotting were done in 2 days. He also did the detailing cutting for the flooring. The flooring was purchased off amazon and is 2 foot squares and fits together like a puzzle. Rubber on bottom laminate wood on top. Awesome.300.00 cost.
We (Hometalk) did it for under 2,000 including rubber flooring to wainscoting And ceiling tiles.
BTW I am a single 60+ women who is recovering from a stroke that left me partially paralyzed on the left side. But this was mostly done by me with the detail cutting and Electric/ladder work by handiman.
i now have downsized and have a familyroom fit for my growing family including a soft floor for my grand babies. Oh to cover the ugly fue box and heater I used shutters as door which are easy to move or remove when needed. Hometalk was my lifeline so Love you!!!

• Modern masters paint, gym flooring, wainscotting  (Amazon and Lowes,)
  • Ceiling tile  (Home depot)

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Memorial Day Crafts
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas

• Pat Ruge

What a wonderful way to spend your recovery therapy! Just look what you accomplished. A very welcoming place for the family to kick back and enjoy. You go girl!
  • Hillela G.

You're an absolute inspiration! It came out phenomenal!