Angela
Angela
  • San Antonio, TX

Repurposing the Kitchen Eating Area

Since we are empty nesters, we hardly ever use our kitchen eating area for eating anymore. My husbands computer had made its way down from upstairs so we could be together during the evenings yet be on different computers if we wanted to. It was driving me crazy so we repurposed the room and now it fits our needs perfectly! Additional info and pictures can be seen at http://twelveoaksmanor.com!
The eating area before.....
The eating area before.....
......and after.
......and after.
I moved my desk from my office to the kitchen and added the chairs that were around our card table.
This space is being used again!  I'm glad when I suggested this change to my hubby and he "rolled his eyes" that I persisted.  Now he loves it as much as I do!!
This space is being used again! I'm glad when I suggested this change to my hubby and he "rolled his eyes" that I persisted. Now he loves it as much as I do!!

To see more: http://twelveoaksmanor.com/2014/03/14/kitchen-eating-area-thinking-outside-the-box/

• looks wonderful!

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

We're thinking of doing this too. Kids are going going gone... We don't use the dining room ( it's actually an open space to the kitchen) the house was built in 1890 so it's a little weird because we've kept the original floor plan and the previous owners just partitioned off a room upstairs to make it as three-bedroom when they sold it to us but the integrity of The original house as it still out in 1890 is pretty much the same with the exception of an add on of a mudroom. Because it's so weird the front door actually opens into the dining area and open kitchen. So the first thing people see when you open the door is the dining room that has become kind of a catchall for the kids moving in and out of the house. So I'll grab something from their room and decide I don't want to take it with them so they leave it on the table so people this when you open the front door so I'm ready to dismantle the kitchen table a.k.a. dining room table a.k.a. catchall a.k.a. hoarders th this when you open the front door so I'm ready to dismantle the kitchen table a.k.a. dining room table a.k.a. catchall a.k.a. hoarders den. We can't decide if we should make this a sitting room or my craft area. The living room is just around the corner from the front door so I'm not sure if I want people to see my craft room as the first thing See when they come in. So I like your post but what do I do now lol???