Turning Tiles Into Trivets

8 materials
$5
I did a post about how to SPiT tiles to make coasters (link to previous post at the bottom). I have sold several of these but I was requested to make 2 together for 2 people to use. As I made this my idea expanded into trivets for dining tables, just in time for the holidays.
Adding up the size of the tiles and square dowels I determined they would be 9in by 9in. I cut some thin plywood that I had to fit.
I arranged the pieces and cut dowels to fit in between the tiles.
I used wood glue to hold the spacers in place.
I flipped the whole thing over and stapled through the back to hold the dowels as well.
I painted this one using Midnight Blackness Unicorn SPiT and then sealed it with a heat resistant spray sealer.
This is the sealer I used.
I added some tiles I had made and glued them in with e6000. I added another layer of the heat resistant sealer so dishes can go straight from the oven to the trivet. You can see how I did the tiles in my previous post linked at the bottom of this post. I also added some felt feet to the bottom so it will not scratch a table.
Another I did with just 2 tiles.
Another with different tiles.

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 7 questions

Comments

2 of 19 comments
Next