Can someone tell me how to repair a broken concrete Birdbath? HELP...

Chubby58Ironhorse68450Jackie Draper
+7

Bowl has completely broken in half. I would like to save if possible.

• Bonnie Gomez
    Bonnie Gomez

Try Flex Seal.
    • Rose M owens
      Rose M owens

Doesn't work. Even on one cracked. I've tried on 2 birdbaths. I heard 2 part epoxy is the answer.

• Roxaneg
    Roxaneg

You can use an outdoor or marine epoxy to fix it. Use it to fill in the missing pieces, if any. Make sure that you are able to clamp the birdbath together to let it set up.

You can sand down the epoxy to match the surface of the concrete if it squeezes out.

I've never used Flex Seal, but I know that epoxy is how concrete statues are repaired by professionals. I imagine the Flex Seal could be used to line the inside of the birdbath and maybe protect it a bit more.
  • Judy
    Judy

For this winter, I would take it in, then in your spare time, use some STRONG GLUE, and keep this safe till spring, then start using this again. If you want to use a pan, thru the winter, use a metal pie pan, or another metal dish. It will be fine. Best wishes, J.
    Janet Pizaro

out door marine epoxy
  • Jackie Draper
    Jackie Draper

I'm not sure how well you can fix this but I have found some great large bowls to use for bird baths.
  • Ironhorse68450
    Ironhorse68450

I really don't think you can....Jackie's idea is the best!
  • Chubby58
    Chubby58

Get some outdoor construction adhesive and piece it back together, then put a bead of waterproof caulking around it And down the seam. I usually get a plant tray ( a thick one) that will fit in my birdbath and use that during the cold months because I have had the water freeze and crack the concrete.