Fall Door Decor

$10

At the side of my front door there is a wooden panel that has three framed out sections. I have always thought they looked like picture frames but they didn't have anything in them. Early in the summer I decided to fill those panels with something pretty and decorative.
fall door decor
I first measured the three areas then went to Home Depot and had them cut some 1/4 " thick masonite to fit within these spaces. I then attached a Command hook in each panel. At the back of each panel I drilled two holes then added a piece of wire to hang the panels by. Once the decorations are added to the front of each panel the wire hook does not show. Each panel was painted with acrylic craft paint so that an area between items I glued on would not be too visible.
fall door decor
The first panels I made were covered in colorful flowers which I made from pistaschio nut shells. I posted a picture of them back in early summer. They looked so pretty and I had so many compliments from my neighbors that I decided then that I would change them with each season. I already have several panels cut - yesterday I decorated 3 for when the snow comes, and after that I will be coming up with a new set for Christmas. While on walks with my dog I collected acorns, pine cones, and the little cone things from cedar and some maple seeds. Then I got out the glue gun and proceeded to glue these items along with some silk flowers and silk fall leaves.
fall door decor
fall door decor
fall door decor
fall door decor
Once everything was glued on I simply went outside and hung them beside my front door on the command hooks. I live in a condo and you are not allowed to put nails or hooks into the exterior so using the command hook is such a perfect solution - should I ever not want to decorate (I doubt that - all I have to do is pull of the hooks and everything is as it was.
fall door decor
Completed fall decor hanging by the door. So yesterday I made three new ones for when the snow falls. In this case I just bought snowflakes from the Christmas section of Dollarama. I painted them pastel colors and painted the masonite three different colors. I first glued the largest snowflakes on then added smaller and smaller ones. I wanted to vary the height of them so with each layer glued them first onto little foam circles of varied height. I bought these little foam things that look like marshmallows at Michaels then cut them with a knife to different heights. I love how they turned out. I have taken the fall ones down because it is Halloween and I didn't want the goblins to take them - I won't put the new snowflake ones up until we have snow. I am already thinking of what to do for Christmas - any ideas welcomed.
fall door decor
Cannot wait for the snow so I can hang these !
fall door decor
Just a close up
fall door decor
View of how I "stacked" the snowflakes.

• Mel8937733

Here is a sample of the Christmas panels

• Mandy Katz

We own a single family home, not a condo, so I could put up all the nails my little heart desires. But I still think Command hooks are genius. I have them in every size, shape and color they make. Who knows what new and brilliant idea is going to pop into our heads tomorrow?