Canning Rings to Rustic Charm ♡

$1

Here's how it all started! A friend gave me a box of canning rings for jars she was getting rid of... and asked if I could do anything with them. If not she would have just tossed them...oh yes I can thanks!
So I had some leftover ribbon and a $1 Floral ring from the dollar tree...I start by cutting the floral ring at one of the bars that go across
Then using my pliers to shape the Floral ring bending it at each bar just a little for the rings to go over a little more easily
Then I started putting the canning rings on to the floral wire all facing the same way
After 72 canning rings and attaching the floral ring back together with floral wire!
After all of the rings were on, I tied some ribbon on to the wreath for hanging...
You get the Cutest rustic wreath that you can use all year round just by changing the bow out Love that it is so versatile!
What a Charming wreath for that rustic farm house look

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers

• Gyp9410904
    Gyp9410904

How many lids did it take?
    • Flipturn
      Flipturn

Reply to Men29210518:

Agree that unless you already have this many lids or are lucky enough to find some cheaply priced at a thrift store, the project could get pricey very fast.

Places that sell these replacement lids are becoming harde to find in Canada as well. Mostly they are sold lid and jar together.

ps. where I grew up we called these jars seelers, but more often they are referred to as mason jars

• Ton10743166
    Ton10743166

Its nice but how long does it take to get all those rings
    • Lisa Sinclair
      Lisa Sinclair

If you know someone who cans,ask. We always have Lisa that have outlived their purpose. But I keep rhem, just for these types of projects.

• MaryKY
    MaryKY

That is adorable. I might try it on a small wreath first just to experiment. I wonder if you could use the same idea for a foam wreath form.