Get Your Shed or Garage Organized!

$75

Our shed was a mess! It was so full of random stuff, we couldn't get the lawnmower or bikes out without rearranging things. These simple shelves are easy to build with minimal cuts and less than $75 for all the materials!
get your shed or garage organized
This is the disaster of a shed before I started. Piling up all the camping supplies and yard tools wasn't working!
get your shed or garage organized
I sorted everything into plastic bins to make them easier to access later. I got rid of a lot of stuff too! Now I could get to that wall and measure how much space I had to work with.
get your shed or garage organized
I had two sheets of OSB (oriented strand board) cut into 24" wide strips for me at my local home improvement store. It just barely fit into my car!
get your shed or garage organized

I created a frame for each shelf out of 2 x 4's, then attached the OSB sheets on top.
get your shed or garage organized
Then attached the vertical uprights to create the first shelf.
get your shed or garage organized
The rest of the shelves were built in place. For more details on how to do that, head over to my blog post here.
get your shed or garage organized
Once the shelves were complete, I loaded them up! All our Christmas decorations are on one shelf, camping and ski gear on another, and various yard and garden tools have their own section too.

Hope this helps get your own shed or garage organized! For more helpful tutorials like this one, head over to The Handyman's Daughter!

• OSB  (Home Depot)
  • 2x4's  (Home Depot)
Vineta @ The Handyman's Daughter

• Joanie

Good Job!! Mine could be organized well, but does anyone want to put the stuff back???? My husband gets so upset with his 4 sons.

• Joanie

Nblunt: I think you addressed this to the wrong person.

• Beth Dorsey

Great job! I invested in A monkey bars system that is suspended from the ceiling in our Florida home...some of the best $ ever spent. Yours looks awesome for a much better price!

• Lois Adeline Clark

I use clear storage containers so I can see what's inside and place a card stock sheet of paper on the inside with contents in it. As I use or remove items I then cross it off the list and you can read it through the clear containers.