Don't Toss Out That Old Fan!

$10

First off start dismantling the fan. Keep the paddles of the fan
Dismantle the fan and keep the paddles.  Remember the annual garden?  Well this my sister Marilyn's garden and we decided to add something more to it 
After you remove the paddles, clean them and then paint spray paints. Get a board about 2 1/2 ft long and paint it however you like and then paint the paddles 
When dry, start attaching to the board.   
I found a ball with a two sided happy face.  I cut off the one side so there would be a flat surface to attach to the board.  I started to glue it but that didn't work so I took a nail and nailed it to the end of the board. 
after we attached the ball and had the paddles secure we took them to Marilyn's garden to see how they would look 
Marilyn's has a double wing and mine is a single.  She used a table leg that she obtained from Home Depoe.
So then I took my dragon fly home to attach to my annual garden
I added some greenery for the dragon fly to land on and a long pipe cleaner to the head area for it's antennae.  I also changed the color to be mostly purple.
We thank you so much for looking. Joanne & Marilyn  

• Tex21773744

What are the white parts that you attach the "wings" with. Thanks
    • Spuddy

I think they are the actual fan hardware that attached the blade and to the fan motor.

• Deanna

On your hubcap floweres, what do you use for the stem and flowers? I picked up my first stray hubcap already! I love it!!
    • Jojodalber

I just used greenery garlands. The little flowers are pop cans cut up. Then I put little butterflies and birds that I picked up at the $ store. You can also go to a auto junk yard and they will sell them. Price varies. Good luck on your garden
  • Baba

Have you seen the wreath made out of old water hose and decorated with garden tools and gloves..... that would be cute on your shed!!

• Penny Stewart

Can you send or post the picture of the wreath or one like it .i have an idea picture in my head not getting the full picture of it or how to make it come together. I do get it most the time just not this time . Thank you by the way the shed is very pretty thank you for sharing .

• Judy Klos

I love this!!! Need to do something like this on my chicken coop!

• Jojodalber

Thank you Judy. Glad you like it. I still have it up but take the dragon down in the winter. Love to look at the virtual garden all winter. Spring us around the corner

• Love these! Love to re-purpose, too! I have made many red, white and blues ones! Happy Easter!