Jojodalber
Jojodalber
  • Lake Stevens, WA

Don't Toss Out That Old Fan!

$10

First off start dismantling the fan. Keep the paddles of the fan
don t toss out that old fan
Dismantle the fan and keep the paddles.  Remember the annual garden?  Well this my sister Marilyn's garden and we decided to add something more to it 
don t toss out that old fan
After you remove the paddles, clean them and then paint spray paints. Get a board about 2 1/2 ft long and paint it however you like and then paint the paddles 
don t toss out that old fan
When dry, start attaching to the board.   
don t toss out that old fan
I found a ball with a two sided happy face.  I cut off the one side so there would be a flat surface to attach to the board.  I started to glue it but that didn't work so I took a nail and nailed it to the end of the board. 
don t toss out that old fan
after we attached the ball and had the paddles secure we took them to Marilyn's garden to see how they would look 
don t toss out that old fan
Marilyn's has a double wing and mine is a single.  She used a table leg that she obtained from Home Depoe.
don t toss out that old fan
So then I took my dragon fly home to attach to my annual garden
don t toss out that old fan
I added some greenery for the dragon fly to land on and a long pipe cleaner to the head area for it's antennae.  I also changed the color to be mostly purple.
We thank you so much for looking. Joanne & Marilyn  
don t toss out that old fan
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 16, 2018 10:28 PM - More info

• Katie Nadea

Do you live out in a rural area? They would never allow this to be seen from the street in my neighborhood.

• Artis Wolfinger

Some people have no sense of humor or respect for creativity, I think it's beautiful and fun.

• Tex21773744

What are the white parts that you attach the "wings" with. Thanks

• Jojodalber

They are part of the fan. You dismantle them from the fan and remove the hinges. Then paint the paddles. When dry, you put them back on the paddles. Hope this helps. Joanne

• Deanna

On your hubcap floweres, what do you use for the stem and flowers? I picked up my first stray hubcap already! I love it!!

• Jojodalber

I just used greenery garlands. The little flowers are pop cans cut up. Then I put little butterflies and birds that I picked up at the $ store. You can also go to a auto junk yard and they will sell them. Price varies. Good luck on your garden

• Glenda

awesome we have a public laneway beside our house so perfect to spruce up the privacy blind on our patio

• Pollio

Good for you . I live in town with a wire fence on sides of my house. I took old green artificial Christmas tree branches and wove them in my wire fence so it partly hid my backyard where all my artsy stuff is. I get no complaints.