Don't Toss Out That Old Fan!

237K Views
First off start dismantling the fan. Keep the paddles of the fan
Time: 3 HoursCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • don t toss out that old fan
Dismantle the fan and keep the paddles.  Remember the annual garden?  Well this my sister Marilyn's garden and we decided to add something more to it 
  • don t toss out that old fan
After you remove the paddles, clean them and then paint spray paints. Get a board about 2 1/2 ft long and paint it however you like and then paint the paddles 
  • don t toss out that old fan
When dry, start attaching to the board.   
  • don t toss out that old fan
I found a ball with a two sided happy face.  I cut off the one side so there would be a flat surface to attach to the board.  I started to glue it but that didn't work so I took a nail and nailed it to the end of the board. 
  • don t toss out that old fan
after we attached the ball and had the paddles secure we took them to Marilyn's garden to see how they would look 
  • don t toss out that old fan
Marilyn's has a double wing and mine is a single.  She used a table leg that she obtained from Home Depoe.
  • don t toss out that old fan
So then I took my dragon fly home to attach to my annual garden
  • don t toss out that old fan
I added some greenery for the dragon fly to land on and a long pipe cleaner to the head area for it's antennae.  I also changed the color to be mostly purple.
We thank you so much for looking. Joanne & Marilyn  
  • don t toss out that old fan

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 11, 2018 11:51 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.