Rustic Double Chair Bench Repurposed

$15

I found these two chairs on the side of the road, so with my love of pallets I decided to make a cool bench using the chairs and pallet boards.
Somebody had painted them and the wicker on the back was damaged. i removed seat pads and wicker. Sanded done loose and chipping paint.
I started stripping down a pallet to get the right size planks and then I laid them in place.
Laying boards in place.
I lightly sanded the boards and used a light green stain and a gel stain to give them a patina look.
I painting the base of chairs a sage green and put L brackets underneath to keep both chairs together.
I screwed the stained planks onto chair after measuring and cutting length.
I used a gel stain of aged oak
I used one brush and applied the green stain and then dipped my same brush in gel stain and just mixed it to give it a blended look.

And that's it! Now I have a great bench, hope you like it!

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers

• Carol
    Carol

can you post a picture of the back and the underside? i'm unsure about the L brackets and would like to see the back. i have a bunch of chairs i've been looking for different projects to do.
    • Lana Hassell
      Lana Hassell

I am going to jump into this and have my say .😉 In the last photo of tbe bench, which I think is the finished product, I see two things worth mentioning. ONE, the legs of the bench have been stained a very nice dark color along with the boards that make up the seat and back of tbe bench. TWO, if you look closely at the photo, you will see that the original back of the chairs are still white; they have not been stained a dark color nor painted, and of course, they are still there. 🌹💖😘

• Men29210518
    Men29210518

Where is the finished project ?