Christmas Swag

$45

Join me while I create this Christmas Swag LIVE on Hometalk Saturday, November 4th at 10 AM EST.

Very basic materials, however the outcome is quite lovely! Feel free to add picks throughout the piece as well. You can elaborate as much as you would like. Make it your own, and have FUN! :)
Start with a 30” Pine Swag. This is a mixed green pine, which is PERFECT for texture. Feel free to add ficus and fern stems. If you’ve watched my videos before, you know those are my favorite!
Next, add legs, a sign of your choice, and a glittery top hat. I placed mine at an angle. I believe placing them at an angle makes it more visually interesting.
next add “bow tie” bows. I cut mine between 20-26“. I varied the cuts for visual interests. Remember, think WHIMSICAL!
I chose three styles of ribbons. Feel free to pick just one, or mix it up!
Begin placing glittery ornaments In the bare spots. I used glittery lime green ornaments.
Fill in any remaining bare spots with red ornaments. Voila! A gorgeous Swag that can be displayed anywhere for the holiday season!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Nick Kreticos

• Seasons Smith

Where can I watch the video?
  • Donna

How is the swag attached to the door?
    • Barb in Texas

You could use a nail or a hook (if you were willing to keep something there all year), or a command hook, or sticky tape (or even sticky velcro) if you wanted just a seasonal decoration. They also sell over-the-door hooks that hook at the top of the door, those come in acrylic or metallic finishes.
  • Sharon Gaither Turner

Can u show how to make a swag form or a way to make the swag to put on the foor

• Sand357

Wonderful!! Love the whimsical, fun, bright & beautiful colours!! Great idea. :)
  • Mary

This is awesome!! I’m inspirked me to try something like this tomorrow! Thanks!!