No questions

+7
I so enjoy all the interesting projects, etc. you post. Being an 81 yr. old living in an apt. and not that crafty and don't have company that much anymore as unfortunately, few friends I have left do not drive and live quite a distance from me. I enjoy forwarding things I find very interesting on to my talented sis and son-in-law.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Nov 04, 2017
    Hello Elaine. Welcome to Hometalk and thank you for the positive comment.

Being 80+ years old you should be very proud of yourself that you have learned how to use a computer and to enjoy all the educational and entertainment opportunities that it has to offer. There are folks half your age you have not entered this millenium so to speak as far as computer communciation.

Please continue to join in by commenting, and sharing about yourself if you feel comfortable. Other Hometalkers always like hearing life stories and personal experiences, especially when they relate to questions they have asked, and ideas that they are considering trying.

Yes, the indoor winters can be long in some parts of Canada. I have traveled and lived all over North America. Where in Canada are you?

• Elaine Lee Elaine Lee on Nov 05, 2017
      Lovely London, On, known as the Forest City. for all the trees. So enjoy it here as love live theatre and there is a number of theatres within 20 min. from my apt. depending on traffic. Also, in small towns within a 45 min. drive which is nice to visit in the good weather and you do not have to go on the busy highway to get to them.

• Tammy Tammy on Nov 04, 2017
    I agree with you Elaine. I had to have my leg amputated a couple years ago and suffered through a long recovery time of being unable to do much. Hometalk kept me going and gave me a very long to do list for when I finally got my new leg :) With 81 years of experience there are probably a lit of questions you could help answer and give advice on. God bless

• Jackie Draper Jackie Draper on Nov 04, 2017
    My mom is your age and it has to be amazing to have seen all the changes that have occurred in the last 80 years! Technology has brought people together from all parts of the world and all walks of life!

• Elaine Lee Elaine Lee on Nov 05, 2017
      Technology is magical isn't it Jacke. I lived in B.C. for about 5 yrs. and still have one dear friend left there and we keep in touch. Also another in Port Orchard, WA and other friends that are online live 2-3 hours away here in Ontario so it's fun to keep in touch every day whether it's just to touch base or so many cute emails to pass on and I play Lexulous with friends in Burlington and Toronto, On every day which is at last 1 1/2 hrs. from here in London, On so we do not get together in person very often. We always laugh and say it's a good way to keep the "grey matter" away. Also, I find time passes so quickly when you're online and so much more fun than dusting LOL!!

• William William on Nov 04, 2017
    Welcome Elaine! You are an inspiration to all seniors and younger in the Hometalk community. Being able to maneuver on a computer is a challenge for many seniors. You may not be crafty but your years of knowledge and experiences can be helpful to many questions. Historically a lot of things do come back that were lost to generations. I have seen many projects and crafts from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's make a return. I have lost many friends over time mainly to illness complications way before their time. Best friend at 49, brother in law at 63, sister two weeks ago at 72. Brother does not drive so I help him out. I do have a son and daughter and especially my only granddaughter. I hope that 15 years from now I can be as sharp as you seem to be.

• Elaine Lee Elaine Lee on Nov 05, 2017
      You have made my day with your very kind comments. So appreciated. My daughters who are both programmers gave me a reconditioned laptop about 5 yrs. ago. Unfortunately never had much time to show me how to use so I went to the library where they had students come in Thurs. evenings and would explain how to google, etc. I'd take notes so I wouldn't forget. Very pleased that I've got friends in another city I play Lexulous (Scrabble) with every day and enjoy receiving emails, etc. from about 15 friends online. Unfortunately a few people I know were not interested in learning how to email etc. which I told them is so interesting as you can entertain yourself for hours on a rainy day just looking up interesting topics and a lot more fun than dusting LOL! My oldest dear friend is in a nursing home in Toronto and 3 yrs. ago at 90 yrs. of age they had an instructor that gave them a one hour lesson daily and she knows how to email, etc. So proud of her. I also like sending cards through 123 greetings sometimes just to say Hello or let a friend know I'm thinking of them. So much nicer than just composing a note and so wonderful as it's a FREE service. Again, thank you so for your kindness.

• Castrang17 Castrang17 on Nov 04, 2017
    Thank you, Elaine, you are an inspiration! Sign up as a Hometalker and give us your ideas. It will keep you in touch and add to your productivity. Remember crafts and ideas, just go around for years and years. I see lots of items that my grandmother made, now showing up at craft shows. Be a blast from the past, you are appreciated, Oh, one more thing...there are senior buses and private companies that specialize in senior services for getting you out and about, check online or call your local Office on Aging.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Nov 05, 2017
    Yes, London Ontario is still a nice small city compared with Toronto, with the countryside being accessible.
    Are there any other Hometalkers out there who may also be in London?

• Elaine Lee Elaine Lee on Nov 05, 2017
    Unfortunately, only two close friends I have here in London have never shown an interest in learning how to email, etc. despite telling them if I could learn they could too and I'm sure they'd enjoy. I'm still not that "tech . savvy" and so thankful I can get queries answered at my local library which is graciously given free of charge.