How to Dress up a Ceiling Fan for a Kid's Room

$15

I've got an EASY way to add an extra POP of color and pattern into your kids' bedroom.... and it involves dressing up that BORING ceiling fan!

There are so many ways you can customize this DIY trick to make your child's room unique! Here's how I did it ...
This was his room before but now Daniel is a fan of Lightening McQueen and wants a racing themed big boys room! You can just barely see his ceiling fan in this photo - just your standard grade ceiling. Nothing special
I bought this checkerboard self-stick wall border for the ceiling fan and the border around the room. (My full blog post will link to all of these specific products if you want to replicate this look) 

First, I spray-painted the edges of the ceiling fan blades because they were brown and I wanted it to be black to match.
I laid the ceiling fan blade on the border and traced it and cut it. Then I peeled it back and stuck it on. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
Take a pick and poke it through where the screws go. It will make it much easier to hang them back on the fan.

Voila! His boring ceiling fan now goes with his race-car themed room. I also added fun details like hubcap art, a tool-chest inspired chest of drawers, a custom racing decal, and tire shelves (which you can't see in this pic...)

Want to see my next room transformation? Subscribe to my blog here. I love to use items around the home to create budget-friendly decor & faux finishes AND I have tons of painting tips to share with you!.

Click on the link below to see how I create this room - a ton more photos to share with you!

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Cheryl Phan