Asked on Nov 7, 2017

Has anyone out there painted/stained etc. over 6 X 6 tin tiles?

SNancy TurnerBill
+4

• Sharon Harris
    Sharon Harris

I have spryed them with a metallic rustoleom product
    • Sta28789839
      Sta28789839

Reply to Sharon Harris...I was thinking a rustoleom product! I need to dull the shiny look that is too distracting behind a bar area where the tiles are. Thanks for your suggestion.

• Bill
    Bill

Paint is not very durable if it is in an area where the tiles are not hit or abraded, it could work.
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

Perhaps a clear Rustoleum top coat that is semi gloss or matte finish.
  • S
    S

if you are just looking to add a dimension as in a patina, any craft paint wiped on and worked into the crevices and wiped off should do great trick.
    • Sta28789839
      Sta28789839

Yes. That is exactly what I am thinking. An aged look. The box store employee said to use chalk paint.

• S
    S

You could and I make
    my own with baking soda and a little water. See Pinterest for all sorts of recipes. I just wind it now so can’t give you specific amounts. But for this application I think I’d try paint with just a touch of water to thin it down so that it will move easy when you wipe it back. Try it with paint/Water first and if you don’t like the look, wash it off and try the chalk paint. Good luck! it will be easy tho...