Sweet Twisted Easter Basket

$60
2 Weeks
Advanced

POST CHALLENGE. REPURPOSED

This is something I thought up to make my Granddaughter for 🐣 Easter. I bought her a Easter basket when she had her first Easter. But she's a little older now, and I wanted to make her one that was very special. So I made it colorful and pleasing to the eye. And it's heavy duty so she will have it for years to come. And hopefully cherish it, because her Grand-mama
sweet twisted easter basket
These are all the products I needed to to make the basket. Very colorful because kids like color.
sweet twisted easter basket
This is were it started, the process of putting the basket together. I had bought 3 baskets because there from the dollars store, and there flimsy. So I figured the rope was going to be heavy I needed it to be strong. So I put the first 2 baskets together put hot glue on one and staggering the holes and stuck them together. So this would make it more solid. Then I cut the piece of fabric and hot glued that inside the two baskets that were already glued. Then put the third basket over the fabric also glued. This made the inside of the basket bright interesting and cute.
sweet twisted easter basket
Then I began to wrap and glue the rope to the outside of the basket. You have to work kind of quickly so the glue dont set up or it will mess up the rope. And be careful not to burn your fingers, the glue gets very hot. And you just wrap small sections and put the glue on as you go, pressing the rope firmly to the basket .This collage of pictures gives a full process of the basket being assemble. And when all the rope was wrapped onto the basket, take special attention to glue the rope around the top edge so it's even and sort of flat. Then I had to make a handle, and again I wanted it to be original and unique. So I braided the three ropes together, and to connect it I twisted it around. And to the twist on the handle I put extra glue To make sure it's strong. And I also sewed it a bit with some heavy duty fish line just be sure it wouldn't fall off.
sweet twisted easter basket
THE FINISHED PRODUCT