Organizing Your Family's Electronics

141K Views
We have a lot of electronic devices in our house that need to be charged (laptops, iPods, iPhones, etc.) and it seemed that we were always misplacing the cords and adapters and having to hunt around the house to find them. My solution was to create a simple family charging station where the cords now stay 24/7 and the electronics have an home for overnight charging.
  • creating a family charging station, cleaning tips, diy, electrical, how to
To create our family charging station, I first converted a standard outlet into a 4-port USB charger. Even if you don't have experience doing anything electrical, it's simple - the detailed tutorial on converting the outlet to a 4-port USB charger can be found here: http://www.drivenbydecor.com/2014/03/family-charging-station-usb-outlet-charger.html
I then made a few simple modifications to a HomeGoods letter sorter to make the charging station itself. Such a simple project but it's made such a huge difference in our house - I LOVE that we no longer have chargers and cords all over the place!
More details on the modifications made to the letter sorter to convert it to a charging station can be found through the link below.
It's definitely an all-time favorite project of mine - hope you love it too!

Suggested materials for this project:

Kris {Driven By Decor}