Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Tutorial Team
  • Gilbert, AZ

Mid Century Modern Wall

$442

You don't have to live in a luxurious loft apartment to enjoy the rustic beauty of a wood wall! Beautifully constructed, this industrial style wall has fascinating depth. Due to the natural variation in the wood, each engraving will be unique. I loved this the minute I laid eyes on it! So I did a wall in my master suite to give it that extra warmth and dimension.
mid century modern wall
To begin your wall!
Wood Wall: Steps 1- Gather all your supplies and set up your saw in an area you won’t mind saw dust 2- To prep the wall, you will want to use your stud finder, find each stud and with the pencil draw a line down the whole wall (top to bottom) 3- Take a board and cut off the uneven edges (I cut it in half so the first piece is long enough to hit your studs), this way you have a flush side to start you. Save the other half you will use that as your next or the one above it. 4- Using your level and square you will want to begin your first row at the bottom left corner of your wall, attach the first piece once you ensure it is level 5- Once you have your first piece attached the rest of the boards will interlock and you will use the nail gun and nails to attach (making sure you hit studs to ensure they are secure) making sure there all level. This row set the tone for the whole project its very important that it is square and level. 6- The last piece should be long, you will cut it to size and keep the extra piece to start your second row (By doing this it should create your staggered effect so the seams of the wood do not end up in the same place every time) 7- Once you get your first row up and make sure that it is level and the boards have hit studs repeat from step 3 until your wall is finished
mid century modern wall
These are the supplies you'll need
Wood Wall Supplies: Pliers, Saw, Wood (your choice I attached what I used), Level, Square, Nickel (this will be your spacer so the wood can expand and contrast), Pencil Nail gun, Nails (I used 1 in.), Tape measure, and Stud finder.
Wood Wall: Steps 1- Gather all your supplies and set up your saw in an area you won’t mind saw dust 2- To prep the wall, you will want to use your stud finder, find each stud and with the pencil draw a line down the whole wall (top to bottom)
mid century modern wall
3- Take a board and cut off the uneven edges (I cut it in half so the first piece is long enough to hit your studs), this way you have a flush side to start you. Save the other half you will use that as your next or the one above it.
mid century modern wall
4- Using your level and square you will want to begin your first row at the bottom left corner of your wall, attach the first piece once you ensure it is level 5- Once you have your first piece attached the rest of the boards will interlock and you will use the nail gun and nails to attach (making sure you hit studs to ensure they are secure) making sure there all level. This row set the tone for the whole project its very important that it is square and level. 6- The last piece should be long, you will cut it to size and keep the extra piece to start your second row (By doing this it should create your staggered effect so the seams of the wood do not end up in the same place every time) 7- Once you get your first row up and make sure that it is level and the boards have hit studs repeat from step 3 until your wall is finished.
mid century modern wall
When you get to the top you may have to rip the board to fit. Just measure and cut to fit.
mid century modern wall
 Room Complete, it was easy, only took an afternoon. I wanted a wood wall but I didn't  want farmhouse or rustic. It came out sleek and stylish. I love it.  Hope you find this article helpful.
mid century modern wall
I found the wood at Floor & Décor right here in Phoenix it was $3.68 a linear foot.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 06, 2018 10:57 PM - More info

3 questions on this project