How to repair door

My car went through and damaged the house.
q how to repair door
q how to repair door
q how to repair door
q how to repair door
q how to repair door
q how to repair door
q how to repair door
q how to repair door
  12 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 07, 2017
    Claim on Household Insurance............
  • Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Nov 07, 2017
    I would definitely claim it on your homeowner's insurance. That will be a fairly expensive repair. Unless you are very handy, I would recommend hiring a carpenter or craftsman to repair/replace the door, etc.
  • Garage door? Or door to home? Can you post a photo? If not bad and the garage door is metal you might be able to tamp it out with a rubber mallet.
  • Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Nov 07, 2017
    yes, insurance claim and hire a professional. If you are a renter, contact your landlord so he can file a claim and get it repaired.
  • William William on Nov 07, 2017
    That is a lot of damage. Beyond the scope for a DIY. I agree claim it on your homeowners insurance and hire a carpenter for the repair.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Nov 07, 2017
    I would go through insurance also. The damage to the wood around the door and windows is pretty extensive and may also have unseen damage you can't see right now to the structure. I would contact a pro with a good reputation that will not screw you over. The door and windows may not be terminally damaged and the framing and perhaps a bit more wood may all that needs to be replaced, but only a pro can tell you that.
  • Ken Ken on Nov 07, 2017
    I have to agree with the previous answers about the insurance. Maybe a couple of cans of spackle would fix it right up. ;-)

    This needs the whole new entry door with the sidelights. Although these do come as one unit, sidelights attached, it looks like there were studs on both sides of the door and this was installed as three pieces. If so, this needs attention today to keep the structure of the house from sagging.

    This is a prime example of why you should leave the car outside.
  • First call - police, second call - homeowners insurance carrier. Third call - insurance company for driver who ran into your house. Touch nothing until a proper police report and investigation have taken place.
  • Gloria everett Gloria everett on Nov 07, 2017
    Make sure there is no structural damage to foundation or weight bearing beams. This looks like it needs a little more than spackle!

  • Vickie Woodward Vickie Woodward on Nov 07, 2017
    Thanks everyone for the advices. Calling police, then insurance company.
  • Itsmemic Itsmemic on Nov 08, 2017
    OMG !!!! You are so lucky no one was killed !
  • Russ Russ on Nov 08, 2017 will give you answers or The Family
    The internet has all the answers
Your comment...