How To Make Bath Bombs

$2

My family loves bath bombs! I have finally found a recipe that works (yes, there were several attempts with some big failures). I'm ready to share this recipe with you - easy to personalize, great gift idea, and easy to make with most house hold items right in your home.

You'll start with the dry ingredients first.

In a large bowl, add 1 cup of baking soda.
Next you'll add 3 Tablespoons of Citric Acid & 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch.  You can find citric acid at your grocery store or purchase it online.  Citric Acid is what makes your bath bomb "fizz".
Mix these ingredients together.  A whisk works really well for this project.  It helps to break up any lumps in this first step and will help with the next set of ingredients as well.
Next you'll move onto the wet ingredients.  I am making the basic recipe here so you can add the wet ingredients separately for this version - I call it the snowball version, no color, no scents.

Add 3 Tablespoons of any oil of your choice.  (Almond, Coconut, Olive, Canola, etc.) and whisk.

If you are wanting to add scents and color - add a few drops of food color, and for scents add a few drops of essential oil.  Mix with the oil first and then whisk into the dry ingredients.
After the above is mixed together well, check the consistency.  Does it stick together or does it need a little more liquid.  You should be able to press it together and it'll stick if it's ready, not crumble.

Most likely you'll need some water.  Whisk as you add about 1 Tablespoon or less of water.  Whisk while you pour the water in as you don't want the citric acid to react.
Whisk all the ingredients together until the mixture is evenly mixed together.
You'll need a mold and there are lots of choices.  You can purchase a mold from a store or online, you can use ice cube trays or silicone trays, and what I'm using are 2 small bowls.
Pack your bath bomb in the mold.
You can stop there to make a bomb tablet or fill up a second mold/bowl.
Take the 2 half molds/bowls and press them together.
You'll need to let your bath bombs set for 2 days.  You can either leave them in the mold that long, or carefully take them out to dry.
When taking them out of the mold, lightly tap the outside of the mold with a spoon to help them release.
I’ll be making this on Hometalk’s Facebook Live DIY – November 22nd at 8pm EST.
I'll also be making a Lemon Salt Scrub and you can find the directions here: https://chascrazycreations.com/lemon-salt-scrub/
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Dmc3836

There are different types of essential oil’s Meaning aromatic, food grade etc what kind would you use for this?

would the food coloring turn your skin a funny color? Could you use a food grade coloring like used for baking?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

For essential oils, you can use either aromatic or food. You will not be using very much food color, just enough to tint the color - and yes you can use food grade food color.

• Dmc3836

• Karen Daniels

For essential oils I would recommend lavender. Regarding the food coloring I can’t see it turning your skin crazy colors after being diluted in a whole tub of water. I think your safe

• Arlene

Does the oil (coconut, etc) leave the tub slippery?

• Karen Daniels

I’ve never had a problem with that. I’m sure the cItric acid combats that.

• Gina Mains

I'll definitely try this for Xmas presents! Thanks!

• Kim Davis

I just received my citric acid from amazon and I am ready to make bath bombs with my two G-kids!!! Yay!!