Old Knifes

+8
I bought a new beautiful set of large knifes. How do I dispose of the old ones?

• Kim Kim on Nov 07, 2017
    wrap in lots of newspaper and trash 'em
  • Donate them!
  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Nov 07, 2017
    I always take mine to Salvation Army or GoodWill. I know a lot of people look for them at thrift stores, then they sharpen them and sell or use for themselves.
  • Colimbia1 Colimbia1 on Nov 07, 2017
    Put them in a sturdy plastic container (large detergent or other cleaners jugs and containers) put the lid on and put them in your regular trash. That is what our county requires for disposal of knives. Wrapping and taping a few extra layers wouldn't hurt. If you have recycling where you live you might check with that department for the required manner is. If you want to donate them I would ask first.
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Nov 07, 2017
    Wrap them in tape (sharp ends) and take to Goodwill or if no good at all - throw away.
  • Rhonda Rhonda on Nov 07, 2017
    i would take them to a donation location like Salvation Army, but I'd call first to make sure they take them.
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Nov 07, 2017
    Give to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Any place where someone could purchase for a few dollars or sale them yourself at a yard sale.
  • Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Nov 09, 2017
    I would donate them to a local thrift shop or soup kitchen.
  • Ellis Ellis on Nov 09, 2017
    Are you a gardener or d-i-y-er? Save a few for cutting plant roots on pot-bound plants, etc., or things like cutting foam board, styrofoam, etc. You won't have to use your beautiful new knives for ugly chores.
  • Pascale Nguyen Pascale Nguyen on Nov 14, 2017
    Give it to charity
  • Castrang17 Castrang17 on Nov 14, 2017
    Check with someone local that sharpen knives. They may even take them for resale. Knives last forever, if the blade is not chipped or broken, having them sharpened gives them new life.