Front Porch Update.

$80

Several years ago we put down outdoor berber carpet on the front porch but never put trim on the edges so it was beginning to unravel. Over the last couple of years we painted and got a new roof. The porch was in desperate need of some TLC (besides I never much liked the carpet in the first place).
front porch update
First step was cleaning, trimming the unraveling edges and mending the seam ( I just used some caulking I had on hand). Then I measured and masked off a rectangular area and border the length off the porch using painters tape.
front porch update
A quick trip to the hardware store for trim, dark gray (to match the roof) and cream (to match the house) paint...I was ready. The other colors were left from painting the trim on the porch.
front porch update
I painted the trim to match the gray and secured it with liquid nails and screws. Once the gray and cream were dry I pulled up the painters tape. I had earlier cut a stencil out of poster board....Now the fun starts!!!!
front porch update
Using my stencil and left over paint I began stenciling flowers randomly across the porch.

front porch update
The finished project.....
front porch update
ABSOLUTELY love it!! The curb appeal is getting better!

• Donna Livingston Story

Hi, Texas here, I'm digging that look,never dreamt of painting a carpet. Is that a big traffic area? Could you do that on an inside area rug? Did you seal it yet?
    Thanks
    "Donut"

• Djmunden

No it doesn't get a lot of traffic but does get a LOT of sun. I don't know why you couldn't do it on an inside rug but I would probably try it on something small first. Waiting for warm weather before I seal it. Maybe in the spring.

• Wanda

I love the look, I'm thinking about trying this on my cement front porch, I think it would look great. My question, did you make the stencils or did you buy them, if so, from where?

• Djmunden

Good morning and happy New Year! So glad you like this. I cut my own stencil using poster board. I found a petal pattern I liked on line and enlarged it to the size I needed for my flowers. The poster board was durable enough for the job but you might want to use foam craft sheets for something that will hold up a little better. Hope this helps! Have fun!

• MF

This is absolutely gorgeous! How or what would you seal it with? My porch is covered but does get a little rain/snow and does get some traffic.

• MF

Maybe I'll do some research. Thank you!