Amy
Amy
  • Lancaster, PA

Painting a Ceiling in a Herringbone Pattern

$20

Want a conversation started. Paint your ceiling in a Herringbone pattern. See how I did it here.
http://alwaysneverdone.com/?p=1079
I really wanted a different look on the ceiling going down the steps to the basement. I mean basements are usually pretty dimly lit and boring and I wanted ours to say hello I am new and fresh! So herringbone it is!!!
I went with a gray and white herringbone pattern. I started by painting the whole ceiling gray. I then taped the lines. (To see how I did the measurements for the tape go to the full tutorial  http://alwaysneverdone.com/?p=1079)
I went with a gray and white herringbone pattern. I started by painting the whole ceiling gray. I then taped the lines. (To see how I did the measurements for the tape go to the full tutorial http://alwaysneverdone.com/?p=1079)
After all my lines were up I painted every other space white. You can see here which spaces I painted.
After 3 coats of white on alternating spaces, I pulled the tape off and viola!  What a pretty ceiling.
After 3 coats of white on alternating spaces, I pulled the tape off and viola! What a pretty ceiling.
Next time you need to paint your hallway ceiling or wall for that matter, try an unexpected design. It’s sure to be a real conversation starter!

Amy

• Brandy

This is really cool, kinda like one of those fun house thingys at the fair.

• Cassie

Did the ceiling need to be painted to begin with? Otherwise it seems like you could've left it white and just painted in that gray, but I have a feeling you already thought of that. In any case this is very nice, thank you for sharing. I am now eying a blank and boring laundry room wall...;')