Ana M
Ana M
  • Alpharetta, GA

From the 90's to Back to the Future

I am currently renovating my kitchen cabinets and lighting and finally got around to updating my old fluorescent kitchen lighting to recessed LED lights that allegedly last 25 years...I hope to not be in this house that long to find out! Although, I have remodeled every inch of this house, including the toilets and doorknobs! Nothing is as it was. So it will be hard to part ways with it in some future.
Lowe's is having a lighting sale (March 2014) plus I was able to find brand new LED recessed trim kits at a bargain - $24.98 each (regularly $55 each.) We connected the wiring to the wires from the original fluorescent fixture and used a LED dimmer for the switch.
Before- lighting
Before- lighting
Before- lighting
Before- lighting
under construction
under construction
from the 90 s to back to the future, electrical, home decor, kitchen design, lighting
Under construction
Under construction
Under construction (the electrical blue box is for a fixture to go over the island which I have not chosen yet, suggestions? I was thinking chandelier)
After (the electrical blue box is for a fixture to go over the island which I have not chosen yet, suggestions? I was thinking chandelier)

• SK on Elderberry

I have used Sherwin Williams multipurpose primer the latex paint SW Proclassic many times for ultra high traffic paint jobs. It flows nice. You don't overwork it. It is a self leveling paint. Great, but pretty expensive stuff. sk

• Karen Papanicolas

A chandelier is a perfect idea! I'm excited to see the finished project.