So Simple to Make Gorgeous Upcycled Christmas Bottle Lights

$2

I've always loved lights in old bottles. However, the thought of trying to cut or drill into glass bottles has put me off. Well, the other day I came across some fantastic cork bottle lights which eliminate the need to cut into the glass.

I used these lights to upcycle some old bottles into gorgeous Christmas lights.
You can use any glass bottles, such as wine bottles, bourbon, and whiskey bottles. Personally, I'm not much of a wine drinker but I do like a gin and tonic, so I used some small tonic water bottles for my lights.
The first thing to do is to soak your bottles in hot soapy water to remove the labels.
I managed to buy adhesive Christmas foam shapes from my local pound (dollar) store. If you prefer, you can just buy the sticky back foam and cut your own shapes by hand or with a die cutting machine.
Stick the foam shapes onto your bottle.
Spray paint your bottle with at least 2 coats of paint. Then when the paint has dried thoroughly, carefully remove the foam stickers.

The light will shine through where the foam stickers have been. So you can create all sorts of illuminated Christmas scenes.

I used a bit of Christmas tape to cover the cork, but you can just leave them as they are.
I love these bottle lights they make a lovely decoration on the mantle or side tables.

My kids want one for there rooms and I made a special one out of a bourbon bottle for the man cave.

I love to use these lovely copper lights in my Christmas decorations and I've also used them to make adorable mini pine cone Christmas trees, which you can see here.

Claire at Pillarboxblue

• The Snarky Princess

I love the tree one you made did you have to make your own stencil for that one or did you actually find stickers that look like the trees?

• Alice

I seen the foam shapes at the dollar store today for half price

• Sheri

Where did you find the pattern for the birch tree trunks?

• Jemi Knight-Peterson

Do the foam stickers come off easily? Or do they leave a residue you have to clean??

• Claire at Pillarboxblue

If you just leave the stickers on for a short while just when you spray I find that they don't leave a residue.