Another Example of a Beautiful Shade Garden

I think I struck a cord with my last post highlighting a small suburban shade garden. Obviously gardeners are hungry for planting suggestions for shade. In this post, I am featuring plantings from the shady sections of a large private garden in rural Ontario called Garden Canadensis. The blog post has detailed planting notes with links to even more information:
http://threedogsinagarden.blogspot.ca/2014/03/garden-canadensis-part-2-planting.html
You can check out the rest of the garden in this blog post:http://threedogsinagarden.blogspot.ca/2014/03/garden-canadensis-this-is-one-garden.html
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Throughout the garden and especially along its outer perimeter mature trees cast pockets of Garden Canadensis into shade and part shade
Throughout the garden, and especially along its outer perimeter, mature trees cast pockets of 'Garden Canadensis' into shade and part shade.
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Heuchera Flower
Heuchera Flower
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, A mix of Heuchera and the green mounded plant is a 10 yr old Buxus microphylla Kingsville See the blog post for details
A mix of Heuchera and the green mounded plant is a 10 yr. old Buxus microphylla 'Kingsville'. See the blog post for details.
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, What I think will surprise and delight you is just how vibrant shady areas in a garden can be
What I think will surprise and delight you is just how vibrant shady areas in a garden can be.
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Dicentra Stuart Boothman and Hosta Dancing in the Rain
Dicentra 'Stuart Boothman' and Hosta 'Dancing in the Rain'
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Planting Combination On the top left is Hosta Sagae Below it is lime colored Hosta Blaze of Glory With tiny white flowers in the centre is Corydallis ochroleuca See the blog post for more info
Planting Combination: On the top left is Hosta 'Sagae'. Below it is lime colored Hosta ' Blaze of Glory'. With tiny white flowers in the centre is Corydallis ochroleuca. See the blog post for more info.
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Japanese Maple Acer palmatum Shigitasu sawa
Japanese Maple, Acer palmatum 'Shigitasu sawa'
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Plant Combination Brunnera Jack Frost left with Heuchera Silver Scroll in the foreground and Hosta Fire and Ice in the upper right
Plant Combination: Brunnera 'Jack Frost' (left) with Heuchera 'Silver Scroll' (in the foreground) and Hosta 'Fire and Ice' (in the upper right).
another example of a beautiful shade garden, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, The blue green Hosta Regal Splendor The lime colored hosta in foreground is Hosta Silk Kimono
The blue-green Hosta 'Regal Splendor'. The lime colored hosta in foreground is Hosta 'Silk Kimono'.
Three Dogs in a Garden

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 64 comments
Next