How To Decor And DIY Wooden Box With Scrapbooking Paper

$20

I love giving my loved ones gifts. A few years ago I was fascinated by the art of decoupage and scrapbooking. These are simple techniques by which we can transform ordinary wooden or glass items into something extraordinary.

I would like to show you how it looks in short. I invite you to a short tutorial "Step by step" How To Decor And DIY Wooden Box With Scrapbooking Paper
how to decor and diy wooden box with scrapbooking paper, Preparation of materials
Preparation of materials
Step 1. In this project, I used a lockable wooden box size 15 x 15 x 6,5 cm. The first step is to thoroughly sand the box with sandpaper. The box can not have any scratches or bumps. After this step, we can move on.

how to decor and diy wooden box with scrapbooking paper
Step 3. After the help and careful drying of the box cut out the appropriate items from scrapbooking paper. I cut a square of 15 x 15 cm, which will be glued on the lid of the box and two elements of size 4.5 x 15 cm, which will be glued on the sides of the box. I used glue hobby glue but you can use other in decoupage!

Step 2. After smoothing all the sharp edges of the wooden box we can start to paint water based stain (LASUR). After painting we wait a moment to dry well. TIP: We can accelerate drying using them!

Step 4. After gluing the paper I decided to add the effect of the box's aging. I simply did this with classic crakle step 1 and step 2 (available in most handicraft shops). First apply step 1 and dry (if you do not want to wait you can always help yourself with a dryer). After drying we apply the next step - Step 2. We again shake and almost ready;)

After drying and applying the cracking preparations, we are left with only a metallic paste, which will reveal the cracks. In addition, I put a small wooden ornament on the front, but it depends on what we want to get in our project.

• Wooden Box (15 x 15 x 6,5 cm)  (Crafty Shop)
  • Water Based Stain LASUR  (Crafty Shop)
  • Metalic WAX PASTE  (Crafty Shop)
Lukas