Paint That Thinks It's Fabric! Can This Be True?

1 Material
$40

• There is a fabulous new product on the market by Maison Blanche Paints called Bouclé.
  • Here is the dictionary definition
  • bou·clé bo͞oˈklā/ noun

yarn with a looped or curled ply, or fabric woven from this yarn.

• How can paint look like this? Let me show you!
  • The paint looks something like cottage cheese and is full of flecks in different shades. The colour I used is called Lafayette and has blues and whites in it.
  • I had some dining chairs that I found at a local flea market that were in need of a makeover and started by cleaning years of grime from the vinyl seat. Look at the difference in colour after cleaning! YUK
  • I gave the seat a coat of Maison Blanche primer to give the paint something to grip to and also to prevent any bleed through

With one coat of Maison Blanche Paint in Oyster, I was ready, when this was dry, to get to the exciting part! Watching paint dry drives me crazy!

• This is the first coat! I was worried that the lumpy parts would dry hard but follow the instructions and they settle down as they dry.
  • This is 2 coats.
  • It dries with a slightly raised feel but not rough, it is comfortable to sit on.
  • I did not top coat this with anything, it is set really hard and I don't think it is necessary.
  • I plan on using this product on drawer fronts next so watch this space!

• It comes in 4 colourways and if you use the code JULIESRECIPE when ordering you will receive a free 4oz can of a special colour that I invented! How cool is that? It is called Julie's Dreamy Blue and is the colour used on this armchair....dreamy eh?
  • Please join my FB group @paintingtipsnadtechniqueswithjuliemcdowell
  • and check out my website too and sign up for my newsletters

Chalk Paint By Maison Blanch La Craie

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Julie McDowell - Design Artist

• Kit Kat
    Kit Kat

The chair is beautiful but I also like the background behind the chair. what is it? Wallpaper or is it wood? I have a room divider that looks like this but it is a different color. Did you do the wall treatment too?
  • Jeanne Martin
    Jeanne Martin

Hi! I so love learning about new products (well, at least new to me) on HT. On the second chair it looks like you painted the upholstery with this boucle paint. Looks kinda like tweed! If you did, was there any initial treatment to the fabric that is needed? I have an antique upholstered chair with gorgeous oak trim. Ive been thinking about painting the fabric part because its an odd shaped chair and i think reupholstering this one is not within my skill set (I've done lots of "easy" chairs, but this one intimidates me). I'd love it to look like a brownish/goldish tweed. Thanks!
    • Jeanne, yes I did paint the large chair, I had previous;y tried to paint it and made it look awful as it was a velvet material, I used the boucle over my disaster and now it looks amazing. For your chair, I would prime it, then use a cream base paint then the boucle. The Maison Blanche products are amazing. You can use this code for free shipping FREESHIPPINGJM. Let me know how it goes

• Louise Peeples
    Louise Peeples

Can you use this on fabric seats?
    • I tried it on a small dining chair and put a layer of primer on first. You could also put a layer of polycrylic first to give it a base and then a layer of paint and then the boucle