How to Dry Flowers the Fast and Easy Way

When it comes to drying flowers, I have experimented with every method you can think of.
When we got married, I dried hundreds of flowers for our guests to throw at us as we walked down the aisle. I found that using a microwave was fast and gave me the best results.
You will needRosesSecateursMicrowavePaper towels
Take six segments of paper towels, ripping the sheets after every second one. Remove the rose heads from the stems and tear the petals off, placing them one by one across one side of the paper towel. They dry more consistently when they’re separated out.
Fold the sheet over the petals and place in the microwave.
Every microwave is different, so you may have to adjust the time and power depending on yours, but I put my on for 13 seconds at 90% power. Do that three times, opening the door to allow the moisture out and to check on how they are drying.
When you finally take them out of the microwave leave the sheet off the petals to cool down and dry out. They should look, and feel dry, but not dessicated and crumbly.
You should also note that drying them can change their colour quite dramatically. My roses were a bright pinky red before I dried them, after they were more of a deep maroon/burgundy.
When you’re done, put them in a bowl and sprinkle essential oil over them.
For more details check out me (The Crafty Rabbit) at: http://craftyrabbitstuff.wordpress.com/2014/02/22/how-to-dry-flowers-the-quick-and-easy-way/
My dried flowers for our wedding
Place your petals across one side of the paper towel
Fold the sheet over the petals and place in the microwave
They should look, and feel dry, but not dessicated and crumbly

Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Leah the Crafty Rabbit

• Julia

Where did you find the paper towels. My son sent me a dozen roses in three different colors andI'd like to preserve some of them.

• Leah the Crafty Rabbit

I realise this is well and truly past a sensible amount of time to respond to a question but just in case anyone out there was wondering the same thing....the paper towels are just some I bought from the supermarket, any brand is fine.
    • Sandy

Do you not go to the grocery store/watch TV commercials the are every where!!!

• Cami

What is the purpose of the essential oils? Is it just for scent or is it a necessary part of the process?