Give Nature for Xmas for $2!!

$30

Tutorial team challenge.

A dear friend of mine came for the week-end. Everytime she comes over, we have a crafting week-end! This time, since Christmas is coming, we decided to make natural goat milk soaps and wrap them like a chocolate box!

We had so much fun and it smells SOOoooooOOoooo GOOD!!

First, we gathered what we needed :

• Goat milk soap (ready to be melt and pour)
  • Essential Oils
  • Green tea
  • Mint herbal tea
  • Lavander seeds
  • Oatmeal
  • Star anise
  • Vanilla extract
  • Honey
  • Cranberry herbal tea
  • Silicone ice cubes molds
  • Pyrex measuring cup
  • Food coloring

We cut some soap cubes to be melt in the microwave. We heated them in a Pyrex measuring cup for about 1 minute for 3 cubes. We made little quantity at a time because the goat milk cools down very quickly and it gets impossible to work with it.
Once the goat milk soap was melted, we added our other ingredients : essential oils (EO) for the scent and their medecinal properties, seeds, tea or herbal tea for their scrubing properties and sometimes, food coloring.

See below for the ones we choosed to use together. There is no quantity because we went with the smell and the texture.
Once the soap as cooled down enough, few hours after being poured, we released our little soaps from their molds.

They were so cute and smelled so good, we almost wanted to eat them!
We placed each soap into miniature paper muffin cups. We then placed 10 soaps per box, 2 layers of five soaps, or 5 soaps per pillow box.
We added washi tape on the cover of the cupboard box and a black woven rose.

Voilà ! A wonderful hostess gift or a treat for your children teacher or your colleagues... And of course, for yourself!
We have :
8 boxes of 10 soaps ($1,88 per box)
16 boxes of 5 soaps ($0,94 per box)

What an amazing gift for almost nothing, except a lot of fun!!!!

Tea, herbal tea, anise star, honey and vanilla extract

• Eli12552042

Hi. I love this project! I will definitely be doing this. I was wondering though, did you use a designated Pyrex measuring cup for melting soap? Will I be able to get the residual soap out of the measuring cup so I can use my cup for food recipes later? I don't want to accidentally ruin my Pyrex. Thank you so much! Great great gifts!!!
    • Clök Concept

Hi Elizabeth! I used my regular Pyrex cup... I thought : it's soap...!! The worst that could happen is for it to be very clean!! I wouldn't recommend it for wax (like for candle) but for soap : no problem! 😉