Gourd Turkeys - Perfect for Thanksgiving Kids Table!

$10

I made these silly gourd turkeys to decorate the Thanksgiving kids table. They turned out so cute! This project is easy enough for the kids to help with if you wanted a craft activity to keep them busy while the food is in the oven. If you like this idea, don't miss my other simple Thanksgiving crafts!
gourd turkeys perfect for thanksgiving kids table
These turkeys will put a smile on any child's (or adult's!) face and come together in minutes with just a few simple materials.
Supplies:
  • Decorative gourds in various sizes (butternut squash also works great!)
  • Colorful feathers
  • Googly eyes
  • Orange and red construction paper or cardstock
  • Hot glue gun or tacky glue
Step 1:
Lay the gourd or squash on its side and start by adding several colorful feathers to the bottom with a dab of glue. Hot glue works best for a quick hold, but you can also use tacky glue if small children are making the turkeys.
Step 2:
Add two googly eyes to the top end of the gourd near the stem.
Step 3:
Cut a beak and wattle from construction paper or cardstock and glue to cover the stem.
You have yourself a cute little gourd turkey!
Make a few different variations to create a fun centerpiece for your Thanksgiving kids table!
I also like rolling out kraft paper as a simple tablecloth that the kids can have fun drawing on.
If you like this idea, be sure to check out my other holiday crafts. I have a ton of DIY Christmas projects in the works!

Gourds or butternut squash
Design Improvised | Haeley Giambalvo