Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Brianna
Brianna
  • Glenwood, MN

Farmhouse Thrift Store Upcycle

$10

Who doesn't love a great thrift store find?! Whenever I get the chance to go to the local "Bargain Barn", I am never disappointed. This time around, I found a large mirror on sale, but I wasn't loving the frame. Nothing a little paint and elbow grease can't fix!

thrift store farmhouse decor
thrift store farmhouse decor
Step one: Find a framed mirror! This lovely golden framed mirror was $8.00 at my local thrift store.

thrift store farmhouse decor
Step Two: Gather your supplies. I used what I already had on hand, which includes a sample sized paint can of "antique white" from Valspar, a small paint brush and some scotch tape to save money.

If I was starting from scratch, I'd use painters tape, some kraft paper, and some spray paint :) The process of painting will go so much faster and smoother with spray paint verses hand brushing.
thrift store farmhouse decor
This is what the mirror looked like before. As you can see in the photo, I used the scotch tape to tape off the edges of the mirror so that I could paint the edges of the frame.
Step three: Start painting! :) Here is a Facebook Live video of me demonstrating how I painted the frame. (The video did get cut off due to connection). As mentioned above, spray paint would have been a lot easier to work with, but since I didn't have any on hand but did have this sampler sized paint, I used a paint brush to use up what I already had on hand. After I finished painting it with three coats, I let it dry, then hung it up with a homemade evergreen wreath for this year's Christmas decor. Check out the final results below!
thrift store farmhouse decor
thrift store farmhouse decor
thrift store farmhouse decor
If you loved how this easy project turned out and would love to try it for yourself, please share this project and pin!

Happy DIYing,
Brianna
thrift store farmhouse decor
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 27, 2018 8:31 AM - More info
Brianna

• Brianna

Thank you! I'm glad this tutorial inspired you! This is definitely a great way to get a custom look for a much more affordable price!

• Ali20093512

Love what u did..yes i would try it.

• Brianna

Thank you!! You definitely should! So simply and affordable :)