Farmhouse Thrift Store Upcycle

3.1K Views
Who doesn't love a great thrift store find?! Whenever I get the chance to go to the local "Bargain Barn", I am never disappointed. This time around, I found a large mirror on sale, but I wasn't loving the frame. Nothing a little paint and elbow grease can't fix!

Time: 30 MinutesCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • thrift store farmhouse decor
  • thrift store farmhouse decor
Step one: Find a framed mirror! This lovely golden framed mirror was $8.00 at my local thrift store.

• thrift store farmhouse decor
Step Two: Gather your supplies. I used what I already had on hand, which includes a sample sized paint can of "antique white" from Valspar, a small paint brush and some scotch tape to save money.

If I was starting from scratch, I'd use painters tape, some kraft paper, and some spray paint :) The process of painting will go so much faster and smoother with spray paint verses hand brushing.
  • thrift store farmhouse decor
This is what the mirror looked like before. As you can see in the photo, I used the scotch tape to tape off the edges of the mirror so that I could paint the edges of the frame.
Step three: Start painting! :) Here is a Facebook Live video of me demonstrating how I painted the frame. (The video did get cut off due to connection). As mentioned above, spray paint would have been a lot easier to work with, but since I didn't have any on hand but did have this sampler sized paint, I used a paint brush to use up what I already had on hand. After I finished painting it with three coats, I let it dry, then hung it up with a homemade evergreen wreath for this year's Christmas decor. Check out the final results below!
  • thrift store farmhouse decor
  • thrift store farmhouse decor
  • thrift store farmhouse decor
If you loved how this easy project turned out and would love to try it for yourself, please share this project and pin!

Happy DIYing,
Brianna
  • thrift store farmhouse decor

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 18, 2018 11:26 AM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Brianna

Ask a Question
    • MagnoliaMemories
      MagnoliaMemories

Love it, Brianna! Quick and looks fantastic! I have a wooden frame like this and this is exactly what I'm going to do with it. The wreath can be changed seasonally too! Thanks so much for posting this awesome tutorial!

• Brianna
          Brianna Glenwood, MN

Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words :) I am glad you found it helpful. Changing out the wreath is exactly what I plan to do.

• Sandra Allen
          Sandra Allen

This is sooooo pretty! I love everything about it.