How to get rid of rats and mice?

+8
  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Nov 14, 2017
    I'm going to send you a page of videos so you can choose the way you prefer to do this. I hope you get rid of them.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Nov 14, 2017
    In the house or garage or shed, put out mouse or rat traps baited with peanut butter. Get the cheapest you can find, they don't know the difference on the peanut butter. The sticky traps work for mice if you put it on the paths they like to take.
  • Sandra Sandra on Nov 14, 2017
    Seal walls with metal or just plug holes, my current favorite contractors metal tape, actually can cut n shape with tin snips then push into holes, wear gloves
  • Denise Borowski Denise Borowski on Nov 14, 2017
    Buy barbait at your hardware store. Then be sure there's no water.
  • Amanda Amanda on Nov 14, 2017
    hello Avery. The best way is to set traps, or put D-con out. I also put moth balls in all of our sheds. They don't like them. I would check for areas where they get in and seal it off.
  • Linda Whiting Linda Whiting on Nov 14, 2017
    Get a cat
  • Sharon Sharon on Nov 14, 2017
    Traps or poison. I like the TomKat mice and rat poison in the little pouches you don't have to even open up,,,, they chew right through the bag.
  • 27524803 27524803 on Nov 14, 2017
    The only true organic rat and mice control is a cat.
    If the problem has been going on for a while and is getting worse... and you have tried several of the over the counter baits from your local home improvement store... then it is probably time to call an exterminator.
    Go on HomeAdvisor.com or AngiesList.com and find a reputable one...
    They know where to look for entry points, and how to block those holes to allow the pest to leave and not get back in... they also know how best to treat for the pests and not endanger your kids or your pets.
    And they will give you good advice on ways to avoid attracting the critters in the first place.... like free feeding dogs or cats on the back patio or in the garage... can you say... free buffet...
    It could save you from a total infestation and be money well spent in the long run.
  • Dfm Dfm on Nov 14, 2017
    buy or barrow a live catch trap.....when the holding area is full, uthanize.
  • FL FL on Nov 14, 2017
    Check out this wildlife pest removal site by experts:
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jun 03, 2021

Hi there, a good mouse prevention technique is to fill any holes in your home with steel wool. This can be anywhere from air vents to hole in your kitchen cupboards. This will stop any mouse from trying to enter your home. Mice are known to be able to chew through almost anything, especially if they think food is on the other side, but they can’t chew through steel Wool.