Sarah Lindley Farnsworth
Sarah Lindley Farnsworth
  • Lakeland, FL

Makeover To A Princess Room

For her 5th birthday we gave our daughter big girl furniture, and a big girl bed. She loves the princess Rapunzel, and has for over two years now. We wanted real wood vintage furniture, that I could repaint, a bunk bed, and accessories to match. This is the result. It was a labor of love.
We wanted to give the room a bunk bed but it not be obvious. Thus the rock exterior which plays well with the theme. The Rapunzel style tower hides the stare case well, making the bed a magical hidden surprise.
This is the corner of the room. you can see the Rapunzel flags and a few lanterns hung from the sealing.  A White tree was painted in the corner with two tone walls. to make it light and fun.
This is the corner of the room. you can see the Rapunzel flags and a few lanterns hung from the sealing. A White tree was painted in the corner with two tone walls. to make it light and fun.
Solid wood French Provincial Dresser, painted from top to bottom. I also added some glitter paint to give it an extra girly flare.
Rapunzels tower is all fabric, and can be easily removed without any damage to the bed or wall. The tower curtains are hung using shower rings and grommets. They open to reveal the hidden stairs to the top of the bunk bed.
A Vintage French Provençal dresser we got for a steal. painted pink and white to go with the theme. The mirror is a vintage piece as well, also painted. Oh and a porcelen frog. What princess doesn't need a frog.
A little nook at the end of the bunk bed with a small chalk board and a pin board painted the colors of her room. This is meant to be a space where she can pin up things she likes, draw pictures and more.

• Gabby

How did you make the tower part? Where did you get the curtain?
    • Sarah Lindley Farnsworth

The tower part are used half of a hula hoop and a little “over bed” tent thing from ikea. I spray painted it purple Then painted the brick detail. After that I got some shower curtain rings with clips and a simple sheet and I painted the sheet with the tower. I clipped the sheet on with the shower curtain rings and put the ring part around Hula-hoop. I probably should’ve taken some step-by-step photos but I was too busy working on it to take that.

• Sarah Lindley Farnsworth

I got a child’s tent top From IKEA and painted it purple then I hung it from the ceiling. Are used a loop to create the hoop for the bottom and hang a sheet that I painted around it. To hang the sheet on the hula hoop I was able to use shower curtain rings. It worked out really well