Amber Oliver
Amber Oliver
  • Houston, TX

DIY Bulletin Board From Wine Corks

$0

Getting organized has never been easier! You can do this fun upcycle in around 30 minutes and have a super cute way to organize your office. All those to do lists will finally have some place to live.

Materials Needed:
Wine Corks (You're going to need a LOT of them)
Shoe Box Lid
Hot Glue
Ribbon
Paint
diy bulletin board from wine corks
diy bulletin board from wine corks
Step 1: Paint your shoe box lid.
Step 2: Poke 2 holes in one end of the lid and string ribbon through.
Step 3: Glue the ends of the string inside the box (I found this better than tying knots since they get in the way.)
diy bulletin board from wine corks

Step 4: Start gluing your corks! Mine used about 120 corks. I glued on both the bottom and each side of the corks to make sure they were nice and snug!

diy bulletin board from wine corks
Step 5: After all your corks are glued, you can go back and paint a few like I did or leave it "natural". The red wines make some of the corks look pretty cool even without paint!
diy bulletin board from wine corks
diy bulletin board from wine corks
I used a shoe box lid to create my project, but you could use any kind of lid to create your pin board. I like the shoe box lid because it has a lid around the edge that keeps the corks in place, but you could also "free-hand" this project and lose the lid entirely. You'd have to hot glue the ribbon to the corks directly or figure out a way to tie it on so you have something to hang with!

Amber Oliver

• MMM

If you wanted to do it without the box. Use a long ribbon and glue it winding down the corks. I'd do it a few corks in on each side. You could do it straight or zig-zag it. You could have it show, glue it near the top of the corks, or bury it in between the corks. You can leave tails at the bottom for decor or stop the ribbon before the end of the corks. Or use the ribbon to frame the board and glue it onto the edge. Lots of possibilities. :)
  • Holden Magroyne

How do these women have this many wine corks just laying around?
    I'm sensing a SERIOUS drinking problem.