DIY Cardboard Gingerbread Ornaments

$5

Upcycle a piece of scrap cardboard into these adorable and easy to make gingerbread ornaments!
diy cardboard gingerbread ornaments
If you're anything like me, you are always holding onto bits and pieces of things that might work for a future craft project! Well, these easy to make ornaments are the perfect way to use up a piece of cardboard that you'd otherwise throw out, and the result is so cute!

You'll need a thin piece of cardboard (mine was less than a 1/4 inch thick) or a piece of chipboard.

Cut out the ornament templates (download the template for free on my blog), then trace around them onto your cardboard.
diy cardboard gingerbread ornaments
Carefully cut out the ornaments using a scissors or utility knife.
diy cardboard gingerbread ornaments
Next, you'll outline the ornaments using a chalk marker. A white gel pen would also work, but it will give you a thinner line.
diy cardboard gingerbread ornaments
Fill in the ornaments with the chalk marker, adding details and patterns.

This is the fun part ... get creative!
diy cardboard gingerbread ornaments
The last step is to use an awl to punch a hole in the top of the ornaments, then add string or ribbon to hang them.
diy cardboard gingerbread ornaments
Aren't they cute?

Make sure to visit my blog to download the free ornament template and for more detailed instructions.
diy cardboard gingerbread ornaments
Ginnie - Hello Little Home