DIY Vintage Christmas Ornaments

$5

Dress up your tree with these super cute and fun to make shadow box ornaments!
diy vintage christmas ornaments
These cute ornaments started out as an empty tin that I was trying to figure out how to use. Inspired by an ornament I saw at a store, I decided to turn it into a mini shadow box that I could hang on my tree.

This is one of these projects that's perfect for using up bits and pieces of craft supplies, ephemera, and vintage clip art.

You'll start by decorating the empty tin. I added glitter and a paper backing to mine.
diy vintage christmas ornaments
From there, I added a fun message with letter stickers.

I cut out a pair of mittens from a catalog and decorated them with a pipe cleaner. Then I attached them to the tin with foam mounting squares to give the ornament a little dimension.
diy vintage christmas ornaments
Next, I decorated the bottom of the tin with faux leaves, holly berries, and a twine bow.
diy vintage christmas ornaments
The last step is to hot glue a piece of string or ribbon to the back for an ornament hanger.

I love how they turned out ... each one is so different!

Please visit my blog for more detailed instructions, tips on how to make the other ornaments, and info on the supplies I used.
diy vintage christmas ornaments
diy vintage christmas ornaments
diy vintage christmas ornaments
diy vintage christmas ornaments
diy vintage christmas ornaments
diy vintage christmas ornaments
Ginnie - Hello Little Home

1 comment
  • Marc Erick

Oooo I absolutely love these! What a great way to use up old cards and crafty scraps!! I'll definitely be making these for my family this Christmas! Thanks for sharing!