The White Pumpkin Jar That Wasn’t a Pumpkin At All

$0

I thought that I would upcycle a glass jar into a white pumpkin for the holiday's instead of the traditional orange colored pumpkins. This pumpkin jar has three different looks, and could even be used after the holiday's as well.
the white pumpkin jar that wasn t a pumpkin at all
I started off by painting the jar with white chalk paint, then floated a few lines down the side with some grey, and gold metallic. Next I splattered some gold metallic using an old tooth brush.
For the top of the pumpkin I spray painted the lid silver, punched a hole in the center of the lid. Made a tendril out of annealed wire, and cut strips of fabric.
Using a pull knob to put it all together. First I threaded the screw though the hole from the underside of the lid. Then I cut small slits in the fabric, and added them to the screw. A loop was formed in the center of the tendril then added it to the screw as well. If you would like leaves on the pumpkin add them next. Then using a screwdriver I put the pull knob on and tighten it down.
Here are three versions of the pumpkin. the first shabby pumpkin without leaves, the second shabby with leaves, and the third is a white pumpkin with just he leaves. Which to you like best.

To find out why I can say a white pumpkin that wasn't a pumpkin at all visit me at MixedKreations.

White chalk paint, grey, and gold metallic acrylic paint, silver spray...
Linda @ Mixed Kreations