Kitchen Kelli
Kitchen Kelli
  • Norman, OK

DIY Clocks From Albums in 10 Minutes

$5.00

If you are of "a certain age" then LPs mean something to you - maybe it is the cover art, a song that pinpoints a beautiful moment in your life, or reminds of a concert from your youth. Born in the U.S.A and Heart. take me back to a time when I had the freedom of a 20 year old. It makes me smile every time I see it. My husband loves Jimmy Buffett and all that lifestyle conjurs. Our offices are so far from either of those times or places that we have put a little of that wonderment inside each of our offices to remind us of better times. We also made them functional. Both of mine has been in my office for over 6 years and still works like a charm! You can have it too!
Using an ice pick or some other sharp utensil, poke a hole through the empty album cover.  Screw in the clocks works you can buy at Michael's or Hobby Lobby and hand it on the way.
Using an ice pick or some other sharp utensil, poke a hole through the empty album cover. Screw in the clocks works you can buy at Michael's or Hobby Lobby and hand it on the way.
You can do the same thing without poking a hole in an LP.  Just use the hole that is already in it ......
You can do the same thing without poking a hole in an LP. Just use the hole that is already in it ......
This is what the back looks like - couldn't be easier!
As for the Heart album?  I just covered the heart and the name in Elmer's glue and sprinkled glitter over it.  Let it dry and place in an album frame you can buy in Michael's for $5.
As for the Heart album? I just covered the heart and the name in Elmer's glue and sprinkled glitter over it. Let it dry and place in an album frame you can buy in Michael's for $5.

Kitchen Kelli

• Linda T

I love this idea. (The right age group!)

• Natalie McElhaney-Horton

Loving this from Jones, OK.... Guess what I'll be searching for this weekend? Thank you!!

• Kitchen Kelli

@Natalie McElhaney-Horton You'll find lots of them - you aren't that far from me and I find boxes and boxes each weekend at sales!