How do you get rid of spider crickets? Thanks!

+7
We seem to have a lot of them coming out at night. If you go after them, they jump at you.

• If you are afraid of them, use the hose attachment on your vacuum cleaner. I just sweep them out the closest door.
  • Patti Patti on Nov 17, 2017
    Oh my God. Is that what they are called. I hate them you turn on the lights and there they are so creepy. I hate spiders 🕷 and these are right up there with them. Sorry I don't have an answer. But I really would love a way to get rid of the nasty critters.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Nov 17, 2017
    borax and sticky traps
  • Janet Gentile Janet Gentile on Nov 18, 2017
    Spray essence of mint. Or have potted mint plabra to as needed.

• Sharon Sharon on Nov 18, 2017
    To get rid of Spider Crickets, aka Sprickets, go to Home Depot and buy Home Defense and spray around your basement and around the outside of your house and you will find them dead or it makes them goofy enough and you can kill them and they won't jump at you. I hate them!!!!

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Nov 18, 2017
    I think you mean Camel crickets.. Super creepy! Attracted by/to moisture, a hand held vac is quick and easy
  • Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Nov 18, 2017

Try this link, he gives a lot of ideas on how to. Personally the sticky traps for mice or bugs seems to be cruel and unusual punishment to me.

They feed on mold but will eat most anything if mold is not available...even each other. If you have a house you most likely have these crickets. They have several names depending on where you live. Most plumbers call them camel crickets because of shape. They find them under homes when repairing pipes. Camel Crickets don't really bother anything unless you store clothing, carpets, etc in basement where the crickets sometimes live. They like dark, damp places.

Bottom line: Diatomaceous Earth will kill them or a broad spectrum insect spray would also work.
  • Cat Cat on Nov 27, 2017
    ew i had my first in the kitchen the other day. First i just sprayed it with glass cleaner (first thing I saw), then threw a paper towel on it, and stepped on it.
  • CasualHomeStyle CasualHomeStyle on Nov 27, 2017
    Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth 10 Lb
    Diatomaceous earth (DE) is essential for anyone looking for natural remedies in their home, yard, garden or homestead. This amazing product is made of tiny, fossilized diatoms (plankton) that accumulated over millennia in fresh water lakes. When mined and left untreated, this fine powder can be used in hundreds of different ways. At 10 pounds, it's easy to transport yet big enough for large projects making it our most popular
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Nov 27, 2017
    We have an exterminator spray, only have some occasionally in our basement.