Any ideas on how to discourage mice from building a nest in my BBQ

+5
  • Amanda Amanda on Nov 17, 2017
    Hi Janet. You can put moth balls in the BBQ. They don't like the scent. Peppermint oil is also supposed to repel them. I have never tried the oil but do use the moth balls in my shed.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 17, 2017
    Put a heavy cover or Slab on top of it............
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Nov 17, 2017
    Stuff steel wool in any open spaces or holes when you close it up for the winter. If you can leave it open so it will get light inside is another way of getting rid of mice a they like the dark. I wouldn't put mothballs where I was cooking.
  • 27524803 27524803 on Nov 17, 2017
    Get a disposable pan and put the mothballs in that.... Just remember to remove it before lighting the grill... Tie a bright colored reminder on the handle to remember..
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Nov 17, 2017
    do not use moth balls......peppermint oil is not proven,use glue traps below the bbq,make sure the grease pan is clean as well as the grates.
  • Mogie Mogie on Nov 19, 2017
    First make sure it is very clean. You don't want to provide them with a food source.