Side Table

$25

I love finding pieces of furniture to personalize and give new life!
I found this heavy solid wood table at one of the local Goodwill stores for $10. Wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I knew I'd come up with something.
Deciding to just paint the legs, I sanded just the top and drawer front.
On the sides, I chose to use some vintage-looking scrapbook paper just to add some texture and interest, applying Mod-Podge as the glue and finishing coat.
While it doesn't show up very well in the above pic, I found a MinWax stain, Weathered Oak (which is a mix of grays, browns and cream) to still keep the wood look but give it a little more color. It really caused the wood grain to pop!
I love how it turned out! With my decor being in browns, blues and grays, it's a perfect accent piece! Look out, Goodwill...I'll be back! LOL

Valspar Hampton Surf 4010-5 sample paint jar
Scrapbook paper

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas