Asked on Nov 18, 2017

How can I restore my old faded green artificial Christmas porch trees

Fiddledd224BarbEroque022810
+7

• Eroque022810
    Eroque022810

Well unless we know what exactly needs restoration we can't really help,can you please tell us what you want to do with it or what is wrong?
  • Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

You could try spray paint in a dark green, but I don't think you can exactly match the color. I'd take a piece off of the back and try that first. If you spray lightly, it might just give it enough brightening to make it look better.
    Here's an article about how someone turned a white tree black. That would take a lot more cans of spray paint! Wishing you the best of luck.

• 27524803
    27524803

Find a spray paint for plastic in one or more shades of green... Use very light coats and work one bough at a time... finish with a clear sealer in satin or semi gloss
  • Suellen Hintz
    Suellen Hintz

Spray paint! All gold or silver, or your favorite color.
  • SandyG
    SandyG

Definitely, spray paint. Great for getting in all the branches and limbs.
  • Eroque022810
    Eroque022810

The faded part? Evergreens come in all sorts of shades of green? If that's the issue then you can probably just leave it as is,at least that's an option,but you really don't have to be so rude. I don't believe that, that is a good explanation as to what needs to be restored. To be honest it's vague. I'm still not sure if that is the issue. You may interpret as that is the only issue but I thought that it was something that really was in bad shape. And ms Pizaro, old indicates that faded may just be part of the problem it's outside it could have fallen it could need a new base it may be in a location that is very windy and needs branches reattached. I was just asking the person who posted to be more specific. We honestly don't even know what the faded tree is made out of at least I don't know. Is it tree made out of wooden planks or out of natural branches so excuse me for not being so narrow mined and wanting more information. I wasn't speaking to you and in the future if the person who posted doesn't answer me then don't feel the need to jump in and speak on their behalf.
  • Barb
    Barb

Well being that they are faded, light coats of spray paint or change the pot to and old farm house pail or barn box that’s dated , a old crock or a red flyer wagons with greenery and a present. This will give it that old courty charm Christmas look without doing nothing to the trees.
  • Fiddledd224
    Fiddledd224

Try spray painting them---- but do it in layers at different times so the paint looks natural. Let each layer dry before doing additional sprays.