Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Light Up Holiday Bag Art

$8

Radiance DYI String Light Bag Art.
Gather all your supplies. In my case I used a wood frame so I took out the glass and spray painted the frame black let it dry then used my color of choice (gray) to dry brush over and sand back in areas to give a shabby look (this is optional) While my frame finished drying I then took the glass out of the frame and laid the glass on the image of my choice (bag) to size the
light up holiday bag art
Supplies: 8x10 Frame, LED Light stand (I got the 10-light strand that is battery operated From Dollar Store and Walmart) Batteries 2 AA, Tape Razor Picture, bag, card, or any other image of your choice, Paint, Black Spray paint, brush, and sandpaper if desired
light up holiday bag art
Lights I used. The top picture is from the Dollar Tree. The bottom picture is from Walmart. I had to buy lights in two places as the Dollar Store runs out. The ones from Walmart just pull the metal ornaments off the lights and use.  
light up holiday bag art
While my frame finished drying I then took the glass out of the frame and laid the glass on the image of my choice to size the image. This is a Dollar Store Bag.  However you could use, Cards or any Picture just print on card stock.
light up holiday bag art
Once you have the glass over your image. I then used the razor to cut the image along the side of the glass, so this way I could ensure a perfect fit. Making sure the image is straight.
light up holiday bag art
After I got the size right and cut out. Turn image over. I used the tape to tape the lights on back of image throughout. I highlighted the parts that stuck out to me. (no holes needed The light shine through nicely) You will want to start at the end of the strand of lights closest to the battery back this way the battery pack will remain at the bottom of the frame so it can easily be hid once finished.
light up holiday bag art
Once I was satisfied with the image, I put the glass back into the frame and it can now be enjoyed by everyone. I have made many this year and sold tons. Any Frame works just have fun with it.

LED Light stand (I got the 10-light strand that is battery operated)

• Melissa Olszewski

I'm curious about what to do with leftover lights if I don't need all 10. Can I just remove the bulb?

• Pam Manley

No it says you dont have to poke holes the lights will shine through and they are very beautiful this way I have made several with holes and without and lole the ones without holes the best

• Shantell

Fo you have any idea where to get these bags for Christmas 2018?

• Loisp

Do you use a stencil for the words or did you write them yourself? They are beautiful. THANK YOU !

• Loisp

Ok thank you. Love them. Going to give it a try.