Make Your Own Cork Snowflake Ornament!
Use up some of those old wine corks you have laying around by making this simple holiday ornament project!
DIY Cork Snowflake Ornament Directions:
• Put your corks in a bowl of water and microwave for about a minute and a half (or until your water is hot)
• Remove your corks from the water, cut your corks in half and allow them to dry.
• Once your corks are dry, dip the rough end of your cork into your silver paint, just covering the tip.
• Now dip the same end of the cork, while paint-wet, into your glitter.
• Let your paint dry for several hours.
• Hot glue six (6) of the half-corks together in a circle, glitter side out.
• Next, glue two (2) half-corks off of each middle cork, glitter side out.
• Hot glue a piece of twine onto the back middle of your ornament for a hanger.
• Allow to cool, and now your ornament is ready to hang, or give as a gift!
• Please note that most of time for this project is paint, cork, and glue dry-time.
I cannot be the only one with a lot of saved wine corks - a pretty easy, yet clever and useful way to repurpose all those corks you have been saving. These DIY cork snowflake ornaments can be glittered any color. If giving as a gift, tape the string to the front of a present instead of a bow! I often do that with ornaments, and people seem to like the extra little gift.you have been saving. These DIY cork snowflake ornaments can be glittered any color. If giving as a gift, tape the string to the front of a present instead of a bow! I often do that with ornaments, and people seem to like the extra little gift.
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go